Trakt Kodi add-on and Emby add-on not scrobbling

Supersilver

Supersilver

So far I'm able to scrobble movies fine but I can't get it to scrobble any TV show and I don't know if it's just a problem with the trakt add-on or emby add-on or both so I'm hoping someone can help me with it.

I'm using Kodi 17.5 and saulfreds Embuary skin.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25879590/

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Edited by Supersilver

Angelblue05

Trakt seems to be throwing an error. But honestly you don't need the trakt add-on. The server trakt plugin should be enough for scrobbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supersilver

Trakt seems to be throwing an error. But honestly you don't need the trakt add-on. The server trakt plugin should be enough for scrobbling.

Yea but I kinda want to use the trakt add-on cause I like the way it works and that it asks for me to rate after I finish watching something, are you saying it can't be fixed?

Angelblue05

Ok. Well the error is coming from Trakt. Not sure what it's complaining about, but for maximum compatibility with other Kodi add-ons you need to use native playback mode rather than add-on playback. You could try to make the switch, see if it makes a difference. Otherwise report to the trakt add-on dev.

To make the switch, in the add-on settings > sync options > playback mode, then reset your local database.

13:23:54.064 T:139133400144   FATAL: [script.trakt] resources.lib.service: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: ("'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'",)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/resources/lib/service.py", line 42, in _dispatch
                                                self.scrobbler.playbackStarted(data)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/resources/lib/scrobbler.py", line 188, in playbackStarted
                                                result['episode']['episodeid'] = self.curVideo['id']
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Supersilver

Ok. Well the error is coming from Trakt. Not sure what it's complaining about, but for maximum compatibility with other Kodi add-ons you need to use native playback mode rather than add-on playback. You could try to make the switch, see if it makes a difference. Otherwise report to the trakt add-on dev.

To make the switch, in the add-on settings > sync options > playback mode, then reset your local database.

13:23:54.064 T:139133400144   FATAL: [script.trakt] resources.lib.service: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: ("'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'",)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/resources/lib/service.py", line 42, in _dispatch
                                                self.scrobbler.playbackStarted(data)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/resources/lib/scrobbler.py", line 188, in playbackStarted
                                                result['episode']['episodeid'] = self.curVideo['id']
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Okay thank you very much for your help Angelblue05 :)

• Like 1

Supersilver

Hey Angelblue05 I contacted the trakt add-on dev and he said this:

"Not sure which emby addon your using, but they seem to insert the data somehow. They just seem to not do it right or at all for episodes. So if it is indeed working for you with movies, they "just" need to do the similar for episodes. See: https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt/blob/master/resources/lib/scrobbler.py#L184-L188"

Hopefully you can do something with this.

To be honest this topic is a little confusing because are we talking about the kodi trakt add-on, or the emby server trakt plugin?

Supersilver

To be honest this topic is a little confusing because are we talking about the kodi trakt add-on, or the emby server trakt plugin?

Sorry I thought I said, it's the Kodi trakt add-on not the server plugin.

Supersilver

Can you try with native playback mode? Let me know if the problem exists then. Thank you.

When using native playback do the files have to exist on your local network because I've tried it and it won't even play any of the files with native playback? My files aren't on my local network

Edited by Supersilver

Angelblue05

It can be local or pn your network. To find your path, check in the emby dashboard > library > check folders and check the path. You can also add a network path that points to the same directory.

Anyway, don't worry about it. Stick with addon playback. I'll let you know once this is corrected.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Supersilver

Okay thank you for looking into the problem hopefully it's not too much hassle, I'll see if I can get the native playback working in the mean time.

tchirou

Hi guys

I have the exact same problem with Kodi 17.5, latest emby synology server, latest emby for kodi and trakt for kodi add-on.

I use native playback

The scrobble is working for movies but not for tv shows

How it helps narrowing down the problem

• Like 1

tchirou

Hi

I noticed it scrobbles only the s01e01 episode of a tv show. Must be linked to the issue of using IMDb instead of tvdb.

I will report back when this issue is fixed to let you know if it fixed the trakt problem

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, as stated in the post above yours, that is likely the issue. For some reason, imdb is used for tvshow and that is a problem because it should be tvdb. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

tchirou

Hi Supersilver

I tried the test build with resetting the database and the scrobbling for tv shows now works for all the shows on my side.

What about you ?

Thanks

• Like 2