How to uninstall and completely remove Emby?

DoctorDorian

DoctorDorian

I tested Emby, but want to uninstall it now. I used the unistaller in Windows, clicked on "Uninstall" but after that the uninstaller hangs at "Removing Service Installation..." and nothing happens. I closed the task in the Task-Manager, reinstalled Emby and tried again to uninstall, but it's still the same. What should I do to completely remove Emby from my systemß

Happy2Play

Had no issues uninstalling using control panel in Windows.

Yeah, you should be able to uninstall from the "Add or Remove Programs" section in Windows 10 (don't know what version of Windows you're on) 

You'll have the option to keep configuration files but obviously you will opt out of that.

jasonmcroy

I had the same issue trying to uninstall version 3.2.35.0 stable version. I finally deleted the installation folder and then went back into add/remove programs and when I clicked Emby I received a pop up stating that it seems like this program is uninstalled, would you like to remove this? I clicked yes and it removed the listing for it in add/remove programs. This was after a fresh install by downloading from the web page. I didn't report it because I am just doing some testing of various things and thought perhaps I did something wrong since it has never happened to me before.

DarWun

I tested Emby, but want to uninstall it now. I used the unistaller in Windows, clicked on "Uninstall" but after that the uninstaller hangs at "Removing Service Installation..." and nothing happens. I closed the task in the Task-Manager, reinstalled Emby and tried again to uninstall, but it's still the same. What should I do to completely remove Emby from my systemß

I had this issue last night when I tried to uninstall Emby v 3.2.35.0 from my PC.  I closed down Emby using the exit option in the tray icon, selected the uninstall option from Control Panel, checked all the boxes to completely remove emby and associated files, and clicked on the option to proceed.  I immediately received a notification that Emby had launched and the program icon was back in my system tray.  I thought this was odd, but assumed emby needed to be running to clean the cache or something.  After 30minutes the uninstall dialogue was still on the screen.  Task manager indicated the emby uninstall process was running.  But it was not using any CPU or disk resources.  I went out for a couple hours to go to the gym, and when I came back nothing had changed.  I manually closed down Emby using the exit option in the tray icon.  As soon as I did that the uninstall process kicked in and removed Emby from my system.

Ok that's probably it. The uninstaller must not be stopping the server if it's already running. thanks. we'll take a look at that.

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
pwhodges

You are already signed in to the forum.  But note that Emby is not a content provider - they provide software for you to host your own content; so you would use it to set up your server and add your media to it.  Details of how to do this are here:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159034-quick-start

Paul

santo_libero

I have a synology nas running DSM7 and I would like to completely uninstall emby server.  this seems to be no information anywhere on how to do this.  The uninstall runs for 2 seconds so I know it did not actually remove anything.  I reinstalled it, and all of the library info is still there.

Can anyone help me completely remove all files and data associated with this install off my nas? 

Thank you.  

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, santo_libero said:

I have a synology nas running DSM7 and I would like to completely uninstall emby server.  this seems to be no information anywhere on how to do this.  The uninstall runs for 2 seconds so I know it did not actually remove anything.  I reinstalled it, and all of the library info is still there.

Can anyone help me completely remove all files and data associated with this install off my nas? 

Thank you.  

@FrostByte@cayarscan you assist here.  I know you would have to ssh into the NAS to delete Emby Data path folder.

FrostByte

Steps I do:

1. Shutdown Emby
  2. Uninstall Emby then
  3. delete /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer and /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer if they exist
  • Like 1