When browsing offline content, app crashes when entering series

Crestj

Using ET from the Store v1.1.173.0, server version 3.2.35.0

When browsing to offline content that has sync'd the app crashes when you select the series.

Click "My Downloads" then "TV" then any tv show. If you then click into a "Season" the app crashes.

Can't find a sticky thread telling me where the logs are for the app but will post them if you point me in the right direction.

In the mean time, is there a way to perform a fresh install of the app with cleared cache, downloads, EVERYTHING!

This install of ET has been updated and updated and I wonder if some of the issues are from old files\versions hanging around.

Yes...

Select My Downloads ->

Select TV (by the way, this should probably be at the top of that screen) ->

Select a Show ->

Select a Season -> Screen briefly appears and then the app crashes.

I had this bug I previously reported, and it does make me wonder whether there is some bad data that gets saved in the cache and doesn't get removed with reinstallations:

While offline, when clicking "play all" on any series, ET plays an episode of another series. For example, if I pressed "Play All" for "Curb Your Enthusiasm" while offline, the first Episode of "Narcos" will play. No matter which show I try to select this way, "Narcos" will always play.

This would happen when both of these items exist offline. Maybe the crashing bug happens when the app is looking for a file that's been deleted and it's not being recorded in the cache correctly (or it's being corrupted)?

Edited by gold1

Just had Emby update from the Windows Store (but still shows v173).

Any idea when the new version will go out?

It looks like 1.1.174.0 introduced a new bug. When connected and trying to play a video that has been synced, the video doesn't play (just stays on the same screen and shows the "working" circle). When offline, if the video is on the main offline screen, I can get it to play. Otherwise, I have the same crashing issue and the issue with "play all" playing the wrong item....

However, the downloading of synced items is working again.

Play all just hasn't been done yet for offline items. The button is showing because it's the same screen as online items, but it hasn't been looked at yet. Workaround in the meantime is simply to play something individually.

Got it. That workaround only works for the "Latest Downloaded Videos" splash screen, since the app crashes in offline mode otherwise.

Playing from the "Latest Download" splash was how I was able to verify the new bug I mentioned.

Although the version is still 174, the app updated this morning again, and it looks like everything is resolved. Thank you! 

Edited by gold1