No CC/subtitles available when watching Live TV or recorded Live TV

acmby

I'm not able to turn on closed captions / subtitles for any live TV channel or recorded TV shows watched through Emby.  I am using an HDHomerun Connect for the OTA source.  If I watch the same channel using the HDHomerun App, I can turn on CC's without an issue.  I have this issue watching on both the Emby web client on PC and the Amazon Fire TV app.  Attached my server and ffmepg log.

ffmpeg_log_livetv_no_cc.txt

server_log_livetv_no_cc.txt

I am also eagerly waiting for a fix for this :)

I have HDHomerun as source, DVB-T signal (Australia).

STrangely, I don't get CLosed Captions in the HDHomerun Windows App either. But I do get them through VLC (and Windows Media Center...)

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this to make sure it's still on the list.  I was hoping the latest live TV fixes in 3.2.50 would address this, but still on CC's on any live TV.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this to make sure it's still on the list.  I was hoping the latest live TV fixes in 3.2.50 would address this, but still on CC's on any live TV.

#MeeToo ;)

Cable provider just opened up 4 movie channels, with the DVB sub approach.

Need this asap. This was a problem with the NPVR plugin as well. Now that I use Emby directly with the tuner I had hoped for some native support in the start.

Edited by Blob

I updated to 3.2.70 but I am still not getting any option to enable CCs for live TV.  I have a recording scheduled for later tonight, will check if it captures any CCs.

Ok we do now support subtitles in the live tv streams, but closed captions are a different animal and still require a little more work. thanks.

That's disappointing.  Are there any workarounds that I could use in the meantime to get CCs on live TV? 

Anyone know if I use a different backend for the HDHomerun such as NextPVR or TVHeadend (and the respective plugin for Emby) would I be able to get CCs?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...