Emby server/client - ReplayGain or R128 volume normalization support for music

Espen JQ

Espen JQ

@@Luke stated in a previous post (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49933-replaygain-music-support/) adding support for this could easily be done for at least the theater client seeing as the player used already supports replaygain.

I'm making this feature request in hopes that this support is added, as I have no dev experience myself :P

• Like 17
  • Agree 4

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Richard Branches

Since my ReplayGain topic was marked as "duplicate", I'm gonna add my comment over here:

"Just like all the info added to the music library by the music plugins after the scanning process is completed, ReplayGain should also be added to the database, avoiding the hassle of adding the information to the id3 tag by ourselves, keeping the files untouched. A ReplayGain setting should also be added to all apps, in case we don't want to use the feature at any given moment."

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
Midtempo

Unfortunately, it looks like Luke said we could easily add Replaygin back in 2017.  And yet, the ReplayGain option has not been implemented:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49933-replaygain-music-support/&tab=comments#comment-476419

If Foobar2000 had a media server that could be used away from home, I would use that instead of Emby for music.  Foobar2000 has good ReplayGain support.  Alas, Foobar2000 can only run an FTP server for music.  I refuse to allow use of an FTP server, which is inherently insecure, outside of my home.

A quick search on Plex about this topic reveals that they have a "volume leveling" feature which might work like ReplayGain.  As much as I like Emby, I might have to switch to Plex if that's the case.  I've never used Plex though.

Espen JQ
52 minutes ago, Midtempo said:

Unfortunately, it looks like Luke said we could easily add Replaygin back in 2017.  And yet, the ReplayGain option has not been implemented:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49933-replaygain-music-support/&tab=comments#comment-476419

If Foobar2000 had a media server that could be used away from home, I would use that instead of Emby for music.  Foobar2000 has good ReplayGain support.  Alas, Foobar2000 can only run an FTP server for music.  I refuse to allow use of an FTP server, which is inherently insecure, outside of my home.

A quick search on Plex about this topic reveals that they have a "volume leveling" feature which might work like ReplayGain.  As much as I like Emby, I might have to switch to Plex if that's the case.  I've never used Plex though.

Plex works like a charm for music from a remote location using the plexamp app on android or windows machines. Volumeleveling along with other neat features are also very well implemented.

I have long since abandoned Emby in favor for Plex with a plexpass and I highly recommended it!

*Edit: Typos 

Edited by Espen JQ

Richard Branches
1 hour ago, Espen JQ said:

Plex works like a charm for music from a remote location using the plexamp app on android or windows machines. Volumeleveling along with other neat features are also very well implemented.

I have long since abandoned Emby in favor for Plex with a plexpass and I highly recommended it!

*Edit: Typos 

I requested some plexamp features to Emby (mobile data quality setting, internal equalizer support, replaygain), I just hope it doesn't take too long for Emby devs to implement them, I believe in them! 🙏🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Lighthouse

This is really needed. I have been listening to music via Emby and realized Emby does not have this feature.

I think if this is added among with albums via composer Emby is pretty much feature complete for music at least.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...
dcpete

I have recently started listening to music with Emby and noticed it didn't support this feature.  That's too bad, it is really nice if implemented.

• 9 months later...
Bradum
On 7/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, dcpete said:

I have recently started listening to music with Emby and noticed it didn't support this feature.  That's too bad, it is really nice if implemented.

Yeah. It makes it really hard to listen to playlists across multiple albums without constantly having to adjust volume. Would be great to see this feature added, as well as separate audio playback settings for music vs video.

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
PuffyToesToo
On 4/27/2022 at 9:46 PM, Bradum said:

Yeah. It makes it really hard to listen to playlists across multiple albums without constantly having to adjust volume. Would be great to see this feature added, as well as separate audio playback settings for music vs video.

Regarding video leveling:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Crush420

Would love to see this happen.  I have a TV with random movies going almost 24/7, and would b nice for them to have the same volume.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
sydlexius
On 3/8/2024 at 3:01 AM, himisk71 said:

+1

You may want to "like" the first post, since that's one of the metrics that gets used.