Server randomly stops

Pirlo1966

Can one of you using this with Kodi please check if you have any issues with HD audio codecs and standard DTS. I am now having issues where 99.9% of the time DTS, DTS-MA and Dolby True HD do not produce audio, I just get silence.

This is the only change to my system so where I'm looking first.

Playback via default mode with SPMC 16.6 and Kodi 17.5.1.

Playback via Emby app is fine.

Edited by KRULL

Pirlo1966

Can one of you using this with Kodi please check if you have any issues with HD audio codecs and standard DTS. I am now having issues where 99.9% of the time DTS, DTS-MA and Dolby True HD do not produce audio, I just get silence.

This is the only change to my system so where I'm looking first.

Playback via default mode with SPMC 16.6 and Kodi 17.5.1.

Playback via Emby app is fine.

I sometimes use spmc as an external player on my shield android TV console. No DTS or HD audio issues there.

solabc16

Hi @@KRULL

Just checking in to see if you made any progress with this issue? Is your media playing back in the same way as it was before, i.e. direct play vs. transcoding and vice versa?

Best

- James

Hi James, after Pirlo1966's reply, I put it down as a local issue for me and have not looked into it since.

One other change I have had in this period of the Emby crash issue, was I had to change my router to an older wireless N one, form my AC one that my players (Nvidia Shield TV) are using. 

Although that shouldn't cause an issue, as large video files (40GB for 2hr movie) will still play, and it's just specific audio tracks that have the issue.

I will take that into account when problem solving, by taking wifi out of the equation. It will be a couple of days until I am able to do this though.

• 2 weeks later...

@@solabc16 I replaced my router with a new A/C one, and have not had any issues since with HD or regular audio.

Odd that there was never an issue with the video stream regardless of size, but I would have this audio issue, which I could fix by switching passthrough off, then on again.

Anyway, no issue James.

I had a similar problem, but it crashed only once per week. Now since about 3 weeks, embys RAM usage increases to about 90% once per day. After that I am no more able to access any synology service. If I catch it at about 88% RAM usage, I'm able to stop emby through the package manager und start it again.

@@Luke Logs are submitted:

sendlogs_nas_synology_braswell_716+_20171124T093852UTC.tgz

Edited by jaunusa