Server randomly stops

Pirlo1966

Pirlo1966

Server 3.2.35.0-3

Since yesterday I notice emby server randomly stops. Each time I need to restart Emby server in the package center of DSM.

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to happen when Emby server is accessed from two different clients (shield android app and web dashbaord). But that's just a thought. 

Server log.txt

latinumking

Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem, just set up a new Emby server on my new Syno nas.

I did not have this issue in the past on my older syno nas.

I also access the server from different clients.

server.logfile.txt

Yes this is also happening to me since today as well.

@@Luke Is there any ETA on that?

Edited by djhifi

solabc16

Hello All

If you are experiencing this problem and are able, can you run the send logs utility and post the file reference here:

Details on the Wiki here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

That will enable me to check that this is what we think it is and you are indeed all experiencing the same problem.

Best

- James

Pirlo1966

Hello All

If you are experiencing this problem and are able, can you run the send logs utility and post the file reference here:

Sorry, tried twice. First time archive was created but sending the archive failed. 2nd attempt  creating archive failed.

Same for me on Synology DS916+ DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 8

It would let me play one item via Kodi plugin, then crash, now it crashes soon after I start it.

Sorry, I am now interstate, so not sure on SSH remotely, here is a link to screen shots of the log from the Package Centre area - https://imgur.com/a/q6qex

solabc16

Hello @@Pirlo1966

Thanks for trying, there is a limit on the maximum file size, which I suspect we're hitting given the size of the server log you posted initially.

35MB is not typical for a couple of hours, it looks like Kodi has some reasonably verbose logging enabled when 'debug' is switched on.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello @@Pirlo1966

In the meantime, could you post a copy of the file embysvr.stderr, which will normally be located at /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs.

Best

- James

Yeah, I didn’t increase it that much! New release will be available shortly...

Best

- James

You're pushing the package tonight?

solabc16

That's the intention, we're currently working through testing and ironing out a couple of things...

Best

- James

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick work.

While it's hardly definitive, I just tested streaming music to my phone and that worked, with no crash.

Server hasn't crashed in over 10 mins, when I applied the update and it was crashing effectively immediately on running it last time.

I can't test local Kodi playback myself from interstate but will update when the other half gets home.

Pirlo1966

All seems back to normal. My little girl watched a movie without emby server crashing. Thanks!

Pirlo1966
Thanks, its working correctly now.
I just need to test a database reset from my EMBY for KODI addon to see if it crashes the package whenever trying to cache the artwork at the same time
it's retrieving movies/tv shows.
I was crashing the package previously (it never did). I even marked you @@solabc16 in the corresponding thread I've opened.
Have you laid an eye?