after upgrading I have lost everything on client

keithterrill
Go to solution Solved by keithterrill,

keithterrill

I following the prompting on the server dashboard to upgrade.

CentOS                                                     Debian                                                     Fedora                                                     Linux Mint                                                     OpenSuse                                                     Ubuntu                                                 

Download
Install
dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.2.35.0_amd64.deb
Run Setup Wizard

Visit http://localhost:8096

Then I went into my client and found

59f7dad679aef_Screenshotfrom201710302118

I tried to scan, then re-scan the libraries. I then deleted them and re-added them. I deleted my user and re-added the user.

Nothing changed. I still had nothing.

I checked the owner and rights of the library files.
59f7db1b4de7d_Screenshotfrom201710302121
Nothing had changed. It was still the same.

So, I then attempted to post this so I could get some help. But, when I attached my logs the browser hung. So, I will attach them after I post this.

At this time, I have no idea how to continue short of uninstalling everything and reinstalling. That is normally not a good option.

I'm seeing the same thing on my 3.2.35.0 Windows Home Server 2011 box. Worked fine on Sunday, but yesterday none of my media showed up. I have both local and remote shares that are available on my network and the content do show up when I add a new library. What is also odd is that all my media show up under the Metadata Manager and I'm able to update titles. Not able to currently attach any server logs.

59f879211adda_Emby1.jpg

keithterrill

Hi.  Please confirm in User Access configuration that your users have access to the libraries.

The UAC is found in Microsoft Window. I am using Linux Mint 17.3 and Linux Mint 18.2. The Server resides on the 17.3.

emby is a group. The users are members of the group emby.

As you can see here the Library folder the Users have complete rights to all, the Group has Execute and Read rights, and Others have only Execute rights.

59f8a4a4b7064_Screenshotfrom201710311227

As you can see here the Folders in the Library, the Users have complete rights to all, the Group has Execute and Read rights, and Others have only Execute rights.

59f8a3e80d86f_Screenshotfrom201710311223

Ditto for the individual media folders, for example my movies.

59f8a705e6915_Screenshotfrom201710311235

So, to convert that Microsoft question into a Linux question.... as far as I can tell, my users have access.

What I would do is check the library access section for your emby users. Make sure they have access to the libraries. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

Why would users lose access to libraries as result of a Emby server update? 

Is this normal?

No, this isn't normal, it is a one time situation affecting only a limited number of installations. Thanks.

@@Luke can you let me know what Emby Server version is causing this issue as I will stop auto update until its resolved. 

All of my users have specific library access settings and I don't want to lose that.

Edited by dcook

@@Luke can you let me know what Emby Server version is causing this issue as I will stop auto update until its resolved. 

All of my users have specific library access settings and I don't want to lose that.

You aren't going to lose anything permanently.  You just may have to re check those libraries in the user configuration.

I understand but I would prefer not to have to check settings of a dozen users if I can turn off auto update until its fixed.

Which version has this bug?

I understand but I would prefer not to have to check settings of a dozen users if I can turn off auto update until its fixed.

Which version has this bug?

Check your server config xml file. Does it have a value called EnableLocalizedGuids? If so, then what is the value? thanks.

keithterrill

What I would do is check the library access section for your emby users. Make sure they have access to the libraries. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I believe that the users have access.

59f8fd24132ec_Screenshotfrom201710311844

StudioTan

I believe I'm having a similar or related issue.  Everything was fine last night, tonight when I try to use Emby I'm only seeing Trailers and Collections and Collections is empty.

I see the libraries in the server manager and users have access to all libraries.  I hit Save again just in case.

Server is Version 3.2.35.0

keithterrill

As a test, can you try just re-saving those permissions by clicking save? thanks.

I did that, and no change.

I then thought I would restart the server. Attempting to do that from the dash board just caused the browser to hang.

I then attempted to shut the server down from the command line.

59f92547b28fa_Screenshotfrom201710312136

It did not stop the service.

Using htop I was able to kill each emby pid until it wasn't running.

Now it will not start.

start: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.351" (uid=1003 pid=20470 comm="start emby-server ") interface="com.ubuntu.Upstart0_6.Job" member="Start" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="com.ubuntu.Upstart" (uid=0 pid=1 comm="/sbin/init")

Edited by keithterrill

• Solution
keithterrill

I did not want to...

nothing was working...

so...

I did the age old last resort thing...

I deleted all of embyserver and purged all of the emby system files.

I did not delete any of the actual library media files.

Then I installed the emby again.

Then I recreated my user(s) and hooked my library in.

Now it works.

I am still testing to see if this really is the system we are going to use. Not sure now.

nickyrat

Same thing happened to me today when I upgraded. Freaked me out!

I looked at my libraries, and the "shared network paths" had disappeared from each of my libraries. I re-added them, and suddenly all of my folders showed up again.

nairnmonster

This was the fix for me, had to go in as the user then into users. For some reason, it wouldn't show as just admin.