Media Deletion

arche

I do like the option for me (admin), but should this really be enabled by default when adding new users? Just a thought, wondering if this could be changed not to be enabled my default when adding new users. Just a thought.

Thanks

• Like 4

turtlefacee

I am planning on moving my whole library from plex to emby, but having a delete option in emby is kind of worrysome, is there a way to disable it? if i want to delete movies from my library ill do it manually via a file browser and rescan my library. 

or even protect deletion with a pin or password?

Edited by turtlefacee

I am planning on moving my whole library from plex to emby, but having a delete option in emby is kind of worrysome, is there a way to disable it? if i want to delete movies from my library ill do it manually via a file browser and rescan my library. 

Hi.  You can allow or deny delete privileges for each individual user and library.

@@turtlefacee, you bet you can configure it. you can take that permission away from any emby user, including your admin user. You can learn more on our Users wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Users

Thanks !

• 11 months later...

i agree this should be an admin only feature and should not be a selected option by default when u add a usr. its kind of an advanced feature that usrs shouldn't be able to preform unless aloud to. just sayin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...