Disabling Halloween Theme

KnutAtteslander

@@Luke, as I said in my last post (quoted below for reference), the setting does not stick in Emby Theater. I have confirmed it does work properly from the web interface, but Emby Theater is still affected.

Perhaps, it is an issue relative to my pc, but @@Rcooper513 seems to be experiencing the same issue.

Any additional troubleshooting steps would be appreciated. Watching on my HTPC last night using the web interface was painful indeed.

It appears Emby Theater does not remember the selection to disable. As soon as I leave the page and come back, it is reselected. I currently cannot use Emby Theater because of the grey overlay. Checked for server and plugin updates and rebooted, also pulled the newest app from the store.
Edit: I should clarify the grey overlay is persistent while video is playing.

If you're referring to the windows store app,  I discovered an issue affecting certain environments. There is a 172 update on the way out to resolve, thanks guys.

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to it. Sorry for not being specific enough by specifying I was using the Windows Store app.

andre.grasman

Thanks for the Emby app! It is amazing!

But how do I turn of the seasonal teams (halloween) for all users. I use Emby on several computers and users and the song is really annoying. I don't want to disable it on every computer for every user. I want a global off. Is there one? Some config file I can edit? A folder I can delete?

Thanks for the Emby app! It is amazing!

But how do I turn of the seasonal teams (halloween) for all users. I use Emby on several computers and users and the song is really annoying. I don't want to disable it on every computer for every user. I want a global off. Is there one? Some config file I can edit? A folder I can delete?

We don't have that now, but it's a good idea for the future, thanks.

I don't usually get this angry about software, but this is bull. As soon as the theme came up, all my stuff is GONE. I tried turning the theme off, but still nothing. The entire web app only shows the menus, and settings, but no media. WTF?

I logged in as admin, and apparently all my user logins had their library access completely disabled. After I rechecked the proper libraries and saved, my stuff was back (obviously).

May be unrelated to themes, but it certainly was a strange coincidence that I finished watching a show, hit home, the halloween theme played, and my profiles are all reset.

You're lucky... I lost everything. all my librairies are gone, and if a create a new one, it's never appearing anywhere... Seems to be a very big halloween bug...

Edited by Paxalou

andre.grasman

We don't have that now, but it's a good idea for the future, thanks.

It is kind of bold pushing this without a global off switch. Users of my server thought they hade virus on there computer. Really annoying..

My family actually liked the new theme once I told them that it was expected and we were not infected. Still I think it would be nice to have a global disable and a per user disable/enable (on all client types).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies. It will be over in 8 hours.

If your pop ups aren't annoying enough to remove.... now i have to update because you  forced this garbage out on people regardless of what version they have?? Now I get to waste my time updating just so i can remove it???  and have to go through your code to remove the other garbage again...

Edited by Luke

muppets4

How do I turn this off? I don't have the option to disable it in the display settings... and I can't use the web player because i'm not subscribed to emby connect... and i won't be after this fiasco. Who thought this was a good idea?

If you really decide not to buy this software over one mistake, you really have to think about how you are standing in life.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

muppets4

All these angry people here. Some have constructive suggestions. Some are ranting while still using the free version. I kinda liked the Halloween theme. Thought it was a nice touch. True....an enable/disable option should be a good idea. But Luke already mentioned that he will look into that.

Please stay nice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Spaceboy

All these Johnnie come lately’s. Mostly ex plex I imagine. Halloween theme has been here for years, Christmas coming soon!

All these Johnnie come lately’s. Mostly ex plex I imagine. Halloween theme has been here for years, Christmas coming soon!

Haha...that makes it worse. How did nobody notice there was a persistent grey overlay in the Windows app during video playback?

I'm ex-WMC myself. I tried NextPVR, Plex, and a whole host of others. I found Emby to be vastly superior for my needs, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. Hence, the importance of an open forum for people to report issues they are facing without someone trying to shame them for it.

• Like 1

Rcooper513

@@madkins Mine is working again now, too.  FTR, my issue was on the Xbox One app.  I thought the holiday theme was cool until I couldnt watch TV or disable it. :(

My next question, I have NextPVR and the plugin for Emby.  Is there any advantrage to just using one over the other (NextPVR vs Emby)?  I also have Plex and like the way it grabs the metadata more accursately but i LOVE Emby with the live TV guide.

pauljamesbusby

Always one elitist/purest who has to come along and needlessly get peoples backs up.

I do feel sorry for the Dev team on this one. Its clear the intentions on the theme thing are good and cheerful, but it doesn't change the fact that they overlooked some pretty obvious options for a wider audience:

• Separately disabling the music for the theme
  • Universal disable on the server side

I'm a bit confused as to how I have missed the themes over the past year or so of using Emby...

• Like 1

Always one elitist/purest who has to come along and needlessly get peoples backs up.

I do feel sorry for the Dev team on this one. Its clear the intentions on the theme thing are good and cheerful, but it doesn't change the fact that they overlooked some pretty obvious options for a wider audience:

• Separately disabling the music for the theme
  • Universal disable on the server side

I'm a bit confused as to how I have missed the themes over the past year or so of using Emby...

I wholeheartedly agree. I like the theme idea and will probably keep it turned on once the overlay bug is fixed. 

In regards to your first bullet, I do recall seeing an option to separately disable music for themes under user -> display. It was a bit below the disable theme option.

pauljamesbusby

I wholeheartedly agree. I like the theme idea and will probably keep it turned on once the overlay bug is fixed. 

In regards to your first bullet, I do recall seeing an option to separately disable music for themes under user -> display. It was a bit below the disable theme option.

I tried this but it didn't have any effect. I think this was for the TV show/Movie theme song and didnt have any effect on the skin theme

• 11 months later...
el_jimbo84

Is this still an active thread as I still can't disable this in Emby on Samsung TV. I can disable the setting for the themes in the web app and it persists across reboots etc (currently running latest available version of server and TV app). However there is no option in the TV app to disable seasonal themes, also it seems that when these themes are on that most of my media just won't play and the app crashes back to the Smart Hub.

Quite annoying really as I'm paying for this service (albeit a small amount a month) but when you can't use it its rather pointless.

Hi, I apologize. we need to get this setting into the Samsung app. Since we obviously can't push out a new Samsung release today, I will just say that the theme will be done at midnight tonight. Thanks.

theeternalmushroom

+1 would like to add a feature request to remove this completely unnecessary 'feature' in the future. An app should look consistent.. 'wtf is this' moments when a user opens emby results in a poor user experience.

Happy2Play

+1 would like to add a feature request to remove this completely unnecessary 'feature' in the future. An app should look consistent.. 'wtf is this' moments when a user opens emby results in a poor user experience.

It is a per user choice in User Preferences.

Edited by Happy2Play