HDMI-CEC to turn on television when casting from Android?

merc1286
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

merc1286

Hi there,

When I was using Plex, if the TV was off, clicking the cast icon and connecting to my Chromecast would automatically turn the TV on and switch to the correct input.

This doesn't appear to work with Emby - clicking the cast icon and connecting to the Chromecast does not turn the TV on... I still have to use another remote to do it.

Is there a way to enable this in Emby?  Thanks!

jamvids

Hi there,

When I was using Plex, if the TV was off, clicking the cast icon and connecting to my Chromecast would automatically turn the TV on and switch to the correct input.

This doesn't appear to work with Emby - clicking the cast icon and connecting to the Chromecast does not turn the TV on... I still have to use another remote to do it.

Is there a way to enable this in Emby? Thanks!

Hi there,

You can use an OK Google command to do it if you are holding an Android device. I randomly tried "OK Google turn my living room tv on" and it worked through my chromecast. I was in geek heaven [emoji16]. My Sony TV's will both change to the right input as soon as I connect to my chromecasts with Emby though.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

• Solution

For Chromecast we do already support this.

@@SamES may want to regression test. Thanks.

This is still working.  Try rebooting your Chromecast, or disconnect it from the HDMI, then reconnect.  I've noticed in the past that the auto-power on/HDMI switching can be a bit temperamental.  I notice this with Netflix andYou-tube as well as Emby.

Check that you are on the latest firmware for your Chromecast as there were some updates a while back which made this more reliable as well.

• Like 1