How do I delete cache of Emby Theater?

ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan

How do I delete the Emby Theater cache so it will rebuild from scratch its cache of metadata images? I searched and couldn't find the answer.

ET is not showing some images -- some posters are missing. They show in the server web view, so I think it's a Theater problem. I want to just purge its cache and start over rather than trying to find and fix individual movies / shows. Short of uninstalling ET, I don't know how to purge its cache.

ShoutingMan

(I added Theme-Music videos to a bunch of movies. I don't know if that would have caused ET to get confused.)

I've manually refreshed meta-data for some individual titles. It fixed some but not others. I also did a scan library in the server, but that didn't fix the Theater problem.

ShoutingMan

I uninstalled Emby Theater completely, checking the delete caches option in the uninstaller. After reinstalling I find at least one movie with missing poster image. The image is not missing in server web view. I've attached logs in case they are relevant.

Any suggestions on debugging / fixing missing images in Emby Theater? Thanks.

theater-63644830874.txt

server-63644817109.txt

It is probably just performing slowly. For faster performance related to images, consider removing the cover art plugin.

• 4 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

I continue to have missing / broken poster images for random movies in my collection with the latest CoverArt plug-in. If I uninstall the plug-in, the poster images return.

The images are missing for Emby Theater on Windows. They are present in the web browser view on Windows.

Here are log files that hopefully have relevant info on the behavior.

server-63647304672.txt

server-63647313297 - Copy.txt

Happy2Play

Any reason you haven't updated to net core version?  You have old ffmpeg in net framework version.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe
  • Like 1

Hi there, please use the website to install emby server on top of your existing version. Then after that, please use the emby plugin catalog to install the latest compatible version of the plugin. thanks.

• Like 1

ShoutingMan

I just use whatever version of FFMPEG that Emby Server provides. I didn't know I had to manually maintain it. I just shut things down; I'll look into updating in the next day or two. Thanks for the tip.

Happy2Play

You should reinstall from the website to update to net core version.  Nothing will be lost reinstalling over existing version.

ShoutingMan

Any reason you haven't updated to net core version?  You have old ffmpeg in net framework version.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20160410\ffmpeg.exe

I installed the latest Emby Server and it didn't install an updated ffmpeg. Am I supposed to do something else?

Never mind. I see it's got new versions in the System folder and the logs show it's running those now. :)

Edited by ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan

Hi there, please use the website to install emby server on top of your existing version. Then after that, please use the emby plugin catalog to install the latest compatible version of the plugin. thanks.

No change to the behavior. Still missing poster art for various movies in Emby Theater.

ShoutingMan

Missing poster art is returned. No idea why. So, I'll keep a watch, but something self corrected as far as I can tell. :)

ShoutingMan

Can you provide a little more information about what the problem is? thanks !

It's the recurring problem of missing artwork (posters, backdrops, etc) in Emby Theater for Windows with CoverArt installed. It's seemingly random as to which movies or shows will lost their artwork. If it seems to get fixed with an update or reinstallation ofthe CoverArt plug-in, then a while later I'll find different media with broken artwork in ET.

ET is not showing some images -- some posters are missing. They show in the server web view, so I think it's a Theater problem. 

ShoutingMan

And this doesn't happen without using cover art?

No.

It's not in the Library view, scrolling through all the movies or shows. It's in the detail view of an individual movie or show, the poster art will be missing or a broken-image icon. I also think the backdrop image is missing.

It's specific to ET, I think. Things are fine in the web view. I think it's also normal in the iOS app. And if I uninstall CoverArt any affected items I'd seen are back to normal.

I can't find any pattern to it. But it's been a recurring problem for literally the past year.

But I find CoverArt so useful in distinguishing DVD from Blu-ray, and SD from HD, that I just accept it. (Otherwise I'd have to create multiple libraries for DVD, Blu, HD MKV, SD MKV. Which is doable, but so far not what I want for organization.)

ShoutingMan

Here's a normal movie:

post-136972-0-59048800-1512958526_thumb.png

Here's one that's broken. If I uninstall Cover Art this is working as usual.

post-136972-0-43419900-1512958534_thumb.png

The Library View is normal (showing here the Collection for these two movies)

post-136972-0-95716900-1512958636_thumb.png

And the web view is ok for the movie itself:

post-136972-0-12730100-1512958748_thumb.png

Edited by ShoutingMan