FR: Chocolate Theme - a few design requests

heula

heula

For some reasons I want to switch from ROC theme to Chocolate theme but comparing to ROC I miss same things in Chocolate that I would like to request here.

- Because I'm Dutch I use subtitles and in Chocolate there is no info about the internal and external subtitles available. Can this be added?

- I see no media icons and it is checked in the config. Chocolate%20requests%204.jpg

- Can clearart be added?

- Can it be optional to see a logo where the banner is placed now. I would rather a logo instead of the banner.

- With future episodes without a episode thumb available at the tvdb there is this weird standard image visable. Can the series thumb.jpg be used here. Looks nicer.

Thanks.

Chocolate%20requests%201.jpg

Chocolate%20requests%202.jpg

Chocolate%20requests%203.jpg

Edited by heula

I'll consider a way to show subtitle information and possibly the season image for future episodes without images.

The other stuff is just going to depend on the view.  I have worked towards cleaning up the interface for chocolate, removing a lot of the "chrome and glitter" from some views to fit better with current design trends.

heula

I'll consider a way to show subtitle information and possibly the season image for future episodes without images.

The other stuff is just going to depend on the view.  I have worked towards cleaning up the interface for chocolate, removing a lot of the "chrome and glitter" from some views to fit better with current design trends.

Okay thanks, subtitle showing is more important to me.

• 2 weeks later...
heula

I see that in the last updates my requests for subs and thumbs for future episodes were implanted. Thanks for that.

Can I ask one more thing for subs in Chocolate?

To see if the episode has subs I have to select the episode and go into the episode detail screen. like this screen.

ScreenHunter_05%20Mar.%2014%2019.33.png

Can the availability of subs also be placed in the episode screen. Like this? ROC had this.

ScreenHunter_03%20Mar.%2014%2019.33.png

godbodian

Personally I recommend that the "next episode" prompt you're proposing work much like Netflix and/or Hulu.

I believe its more aesthetically pleasing and it fits adequately design wise into the Chocolate theme.

The way it works is at the bottom of the screen, at about 90-94% (usually prior to the beginning of credits), the bottom third of the screen is filled by a black transparency where in the center there's a thumbnail of the next episode and accompanying information. Otherwise if there is no episode, nothing takes place or if the next episode is not activated by the end of the remaining 6-10% (end of the credits) it simply goes away.

At least this is my thought, on it.

Godbodian - he was talking about missing images not displaying upcoming/the next episode.  Since we don't control the player or the display during playback, what you suggest is not really possible in MBC.  Could be done in MBT, though.

Heula - I've redesigned this to be more consistent with the others and include your subs:

53284d5b0ef90_chocnewlistdet.png

• Like 2

Good day heula,

You really need to consider CA for that, since it make life easier :)

53286960bd48f_mediab3abo1509.jpg

53286979d79df_mediab3abo1510.jpg

Now days, since Ebr apply that, I really do not look for themes to supported anymore.

Well done @@ebr for completed this request for whom need it.

My best

• Like 1

heula

Godbodian - he was talking about missing images not displaying upcoming/the next episode.  Since we don't control the player or the display during playback, what you suggest is not really possible in MBC.  Could be done in MBT, though.

Heula - I've redesigned this to be more consistent with the others and include your subs:

53284d5b0ef90_chocnewlistdet.png

Thanks, this is really helpfull.

• 2 weeks later...
heula

Good day,

It already apply:

5335952564749_mediab3abo1538.jpg

Build: 3.0.147.0 3-25.1

My best

that is odd, I have version 3.0.140.3-14.1 and there is no Chocolate update available.

I had a few ROC updates last week but that was it. And the server updates off course.

Good day,

I am using the dev build, that why.

What I meant in my last reply, that Ebr apply it for the next beta released.

My best

heula

Good day,

I am using the dev build, that why.

What I meant in my last reply, that Ebr apply it for the next beta released.

My best

Ah, okay that explains it.