Two music libraries duplicate each others content in Artist view

Ace_Scorcher

Ace_Scorcher

Hello,

I am having an issue where I set up two different music libraries. One for FLAC, another for MP3. They are both mirroring each others content, which I really don't want. If I go into an artist  in the MP3 library, it shows duplicate songs, one from the MP3 and one from the FLAC. The libraries otherwise show up as separate. Only the content that exists in both shows as duplicated.  

This seems to occur in the Artist view, but not the Album view.

Any way to fix this issue that I can try? I have not tried deleting the duplicate from one of the libraries as I am concerned that it would be deleted from both. Plus the are a lot of duplicates, at least a thousand. 

The MP3 files with the issue are converted from the FLACs. 

The server is Version 3.2.33.0, running in a jail on freenas 9.10.

The two libraries are located in /mnt/Media/Music/FLAC/ and /mnt/Media/Music/MP3/

Edited by Ace_Scorcher

Ace_Scorcher

Yes, If I click on the artist view, then on an artist, it shows albums and songs from both of the libraries. Everything is listed twice.

BTW, thanks for the help on this. You do a hell of a job with this software.

Edited by Ace_Scorcher

Yea i think that's just something we haven't tested before. we'll have to review it for a future update, thanks.

Ace_Scorcher

Yeah, not only are they the same albums, the MP3s are conversions from the FLACs. 

Future release it is. Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem
One library is FLAC from vinyl rips, the other is MP3.
On artist list they are mixed without chance to recognise them.
They should be separated (or at least with a tag that show if they are FLAC or MP3)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
iyanarisandi
On 10/31/2018 at 12:26 PM, Luke said:

Thanks for the report. It's something we can review for a future update. Thanks.

is this already fixed?  Because I have exactly the same problem. 2 Library. One for Flac. One for mp3. 

The mp3 is converted from flac file, so tag, and folder structure are exactly the same, except the parent folder. 

Flac Library contain only Flac Folders 

MP3 library contain only MP3 Folders.

both albums have duplicated tracks. so inside mp3 album, there are also flac tracks. so do the flacs album. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 12:48 PM, iyanarisandi said:

is this already fixed?  Because I have exactly the same problem. 2 Library. One for Flac. One for mp3. 

The mp3 is converted from flac file, so tag, and folder structure are exactly the same, except the parent folder. 

Flac Library contain only Flac Folders 

MP3 library contain only MP3 Folders.

both albums have duplicated tracks. so inside mp3 album, there are also flac tracks. so do the flacs album. 

Hi, I don't have an update at this time. It's something that needs review. 

iyanarisandi
On 7/8/2022 at 3:56 AM, Luke said:

Hi, I don't have an update at this time. It's something that needs review. 

Great, I'll look forward to it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
vambier

@Happy2Play I have the same problem but it's even worse, I have different versions of the same album, which all have the same album title/artist. For example, I have the Holy Diver album from Dio. I have the original album and a remixed version. And I have those albums also in 2 different libraries, two in FLAC and two in MP3. Now when I open the flac or mp3 album it shows each song 4 times(!). Problem is it only happened since I upgraded to 4.7.5.0, no idea what version I was running before though, I'm running emby in a truenas jail installed via the plugin. After upgrading the server didn't start since it was trying to run a .exe with mono but there was no .exe so I removed the mono/.exe part in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/emby-server and then it worked fine, or so I thought. Turns out the playlists I created were all empty after this. It's my own fault I didn't make a backup of those, but never thought that an upgrade would just remove all entries without writing a backup file. And on top of that the double entries in the albums so it's getting pretty unusable for me right now, and all of that because the android app couldn't connect to my 'outdated' server anymore. Any idea if there's a fix for the double entries?

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 10:30 AM, vambier said:

@Happy2Play I have the same problem but it's even worse, I have different versions of the same album, which all have the same album title/artist. For example, I have the Holy Diver album from Dio. I have the original album and a remixed version. And I have those albums also in 2 different libraries, two in FLAC and two in MP3. Now when I open the flac or mp3 album it shows each song 4 times(!). Problem is it only happened since I upgraded to 4.7.5.0, no idea what version I was running before though, I'm running emby in a truenas jail installed via the plugin. After upgrading the server didn't start since it was trying to run a .exe with mono but there was no .exe so I removed the mono/.exe part in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/emby-server and then it worked fine, or so I thought. Turns out the playlists I created were all empty after this. It's my own fault I didn't make a backup of those, but never thought that an upgrade would just remove all entries without writing a backup file. And on top of that the double entries in the albums so it's getting pretty unusable for me right now, and all of that because the android app couldn't connect to my 'outdated' server anymore. Any idea if there's a fix for the double entries?

@vambier are you still running into this? Did you complete a full library scan following the update? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.6?

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2022 at 21:09, Luke said:

@vambier are you still running into this? Did you complete a full library scan following the update? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.6?

Yes I'm still having this problem, I did a clean install to see if that caused the problem but no luck. Yes I'm running Emby Server 4.7.6 now since the clean install.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 8:27 AM, vambier said:

Yes I'm still having this problem, I did a clean install to see if that caused the problem but no luck. Yes I'm running Emby Server 4.7.6 now since the clean install.

@vambier can you try updating to Emby Server 4.7.8, then move all of the affected music out of your library (or just remove music library altogether). Then run a scan of all libraries to clear out the database. Once that finishes, then add the music back. Please let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
On 03/10/2022 at 04:10, Luke said:

@vambier can you try updating to Emby Server 4.7.8, then move all of the affected music out of your library (or just remove music library altogether). Then run a scan of all libraries to clear out the database. Once that finishes, then add the music back. Please let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks !

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using emby server on truenas and at the time the 4.7.8 wasn't available yet on there. I've updated now to that version and removed the affected albums, rescanned the library, coppied them back and rescanned again. The result is still the same. I can throw away the library and add it back in to scan all files but this will take quite some time since I got a huge library:-) I don't know if you think that would have a different effect from what I've done now?

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2022 at 8:06 AM, vambier said:

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using emby server on truenas and at the time the 4.7.8 wasn't available yet on there. I've updated now to that version and removed the affected albums, rescanned the library, coppied them back and rescanned again. The result is still the same. I can throw away the library and add it back in to scan all files but this will take quite some time since I got a huge library:-) I don't know if you think that would have a different effect from what I've done now?

@vambier, it should show each song twice, not four times, right? My suggestion would be to remove all music libraries, complete a full library scan to clear out the database, and then add it back.