Collections are listed first

Lane03

Not sure when this started, but now when I go to "all movies" the collections are listed first and then single movies are sorted alphabetical. On the Android app and web browser collections are mixed in with other movies alphabetically (as it used to be on Roku). Any ideas on how to fix it on Roku?

Edited by Lane03

3.2.35.0. Not using folders view. Shows correctly in other apps, just not Roku.

Edited by Lane03

Waldonnis

I noticed the same thing and not sure when it started, but it's been at least a couple of weeks now.  I'm also not using folder views and am running 3.2.35.0 as of today (just double-checked the Roku and behaviour is unchanged).  I figured something got mucked up on the Roku but haven't had time to purge the channel and reload it to see.

Happy2Play

Can you please test this with the beta version of the app.  Thanks.

Yes .52 appear to fix the issue on my system.

I did see some collections first in .51 but not now in .52

Edited by Happy2Play

If anyone has organizational folders in a photo or home videos library, can you please test that the app still shows those folders first?

Thanks.

Waldonnis

One other sorting-related thing I noticed....

Seems like sorting movies by release date always shows newest first instead of oldest first...and since the sorting isn't a reversing-toggle, there's no way to change this behaviour.  It's especially noticeable inside collections with lots of sequels/related films (like X-Men or Alien collections).  Web interface respects the collection metadata sorting and sorts them in ascending order.  I think this got screwy in the Roku channel around the same time as the collection sorting changed.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that too. Items in Collections on the web app and Android app are listed starting with the oldest title by release date and newest at end. This does not occur on the Roku app. I have some that are backwards and others that are all over the place. All of which are correctly sorted on other Emby apps.

• Like 1

I've noticed that too. Items in Collections on the web app and Android app are listed starting with the oldest title by release date and newest at end. This does not occur on the Roku app. I have some that are backwards and others that are all over the place. All of which are correctly sorted on other Emby apps.

Was logging into to make this same comment. The Roku app is sorting collections from newest to oldest. This throws the whole watch in order idea askew.

Was logging into to make this same comment. The Roku app is sorting collections from newest to oldest. This throws the whole watch in order idea askew.

A workaround I found is to use the "Sort Title" feature, which will then put them in the order of my choosing on Roku. What's funny is this setting is not respected by other apps and the web version of Emby. For example, if I sort Star Wars Collection by episode number using the "Sort Title" then it shows up as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in Roku Emby. In Android and Web Emby, it shoes up by release date 4,5,6,1,2,3,7. 

A workaround I found is to use the "Sort Title" feature, which will then put them in the order of my choosing on Roku. What's funny is this setting is not respected by other apps and the web version of Emby. For example, if I sort Star Wars Collection by episode number using the "Sort Title" then it shows up as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in Roku Emby. In Android and Web Emby, it shoes up by release date 4,5,6,1,2,3,7. 

Nothing funny about it. The collection has it's own saved sort setting that can be changed in the edit screen. it's the Roku app that needs updating to respect it.

Nothing funny about it. The collection has it's own saved sort setting that can be changed in the edit screen. it's the Roku app that needs updating to respect it.

Ah, cool deal. So the "Sort Title" field isn't taken into account with Collections, only the "Display Order" is applied to collection sorting?

EDIT: It appears the "Sort Title" is taken into account when the collection Display Order is set to "Sort Name" :)

Edited by Lane03

yea except now your all movies screen will be affected by editing individual sort titles. and other areas inevitably.

I only have the collection show up as a single title in the all movies section. Sorting appears to be working correctly on Android and the Web, unless I'm missing something? Guess I'll have to test more once the Roku app is updated to respect the server settings.

nomatches4mikey

Looks like the sorting issue has been addressed in Beta, 3.0.57.  Each collection has it's own sort settings, sort by date is oldest to newest now.

• Like 1