Guidance Regarding Bumping Feature Requests

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

I would occasionally (perhaps ever few months?) like to bump some of my feature request threads so that more people will see them (since not everyone uses the Search function, and since users voting/liking feature requests increases the possibility of them being implemented eventually). But I don't wish to be obnoxious.

Do any of you who have been on this forum for a while (eg, a year or more) have opinions you could share regarding this (eg, is bumping frowned up in this forum, or if not, what's a general frequency that seems acceptable here)?

Thanks!

:)

Deathsquirrel

I'd estimate it makes up about half of some folks' post totals.  I'm not aware of any rule against it.

It's nice to keep it limited IMO.

funwithmedia

Wow, well, I won't be going for any records in that regard. But good to know it's not prohibited. I'll try to be judicious. :)

Happy2Play

To me it would depend on whether the request has already been commented on by Luke.  Checking up on something that maybe be added in the future should be given some time.

funwithmedia

I agree with that. I'm not a fan of the "hurry up" post (kinda the equivalent to "Are we there yet?" with kids). So I'm primarily thinking of bumping posts now and then so that there's more opportunity for those that might like the feature I'm requesting to indicate so by Liking the post. But certainly if Luke has already said something is in the pipeline there's no need to bump something.