Add Sports Content Type

jnheinz

jnheinz

Traditionally, I have used the Home photos & videos content type to classify my sports libraries to disable the Screen Grabber functionality.  It was the only content type that had the features needed to properly control the library.  As anyone who watches sports knows, seeing a random thumbnail generated in the sporting event can be a huge spoiler.  This worked until I considered adding a real Home photos & videos library that I wanted to see the thumbnails for.  I do not have a content type to classify these sporting events as that will disable the thumbnail/metadata generation.  This is the sole reason I left Plex two years ago.  They had no way to control thumbnail generation.

jnheinz

No instead the metadata settings are planned to become per library in the future. Thanks.

Good answer.  Thanks.  This actually does make more sense, otherwise it can become a black hole of content types.

• Agree 1

No instead the metadata settings are planned to become per library in the future. Thanks.

Is the anywhere in the top 50 of things to do :-) just wondering if there is any kind of timescale as I would love to leave Plex fully and this is all that is holding me back.. Cheers

• 6 years later...
hawaiizfynest

sorry to revive a dead post but any idea when this will be implemented? id gladly donate some money to you guys if this could be done.

11 hours ago, hawaiizfynest said:

sorry to revive a dead post but any idea when this will be implemented? id gladly donate some money to you guys if this could be done.

Hi there, what exactly are you looking for?