Lav with AC3 and Anime audio issue

saitoh183

saitoh183

I just finish reading the topic that was locked but im in the same boat and have yet to find a solution. In the audio setting if i leave ac3 ticked, WMC is unable to play the video but if i test the same video via graphstudio64 , it plays just fine and bitstreams. If i untick ac3, WMC plays the file but in PCM.

Also im having issues with anime. Both the english and jap audio will play at the same time.

saitoh183

Well i think i fixed the Anime issue but still cant get proper 5.1 sound to work with AC3...

saitoh183

some more info, HTPC is connected to a panasonic BT730 (specs) via Optical cable. When i do the sound test in windows,the Dolby Digital test works just fine.

GrotShot

Is this because you need to turn off the Microsoft decoders? I think I had the same issue (it's pre Christmas so a bit fussy on it) and used "Win7DSFilterTweaker_5.9" to disable decoders via the "MS Codec Tweaks" option.

saitoh183

tried that...followed the Lav guide found on the forum. But i give up on trying to get it to work...im just going to have to use MPC-HT as external player until MBT is has more features

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

in case this helps anyone, I finally fixed the problem with the Lav filter and AC3 bitstreaming. It turned out that i had to check the AC3 and also check the Mixer and set it to 5.1 and it work from WMC. For Dts i had to leave it unticked in Format and its outputted as PCM 6chnl but uses all my speakers in 5.1 so im happy. 

• Like 1