Buffering / stuttering in Emby LG app

Quiptix

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

Quiptix

I have updated it and the UI is changed and not for the better.

When in the catalog (series/movies) is open, it is full screen without leaving room for the statusbar making the text on the bar most of the time unreadable. The previous ratio/spacing was way better.

Further the font size of the subtitles is bigger than before, font size was is in the previous version fine.

Maybe it is per tv model different. If needed I make a screenshot.

Vincent

This topic is about buffering and stuttering in the LG app. How does this compare with the previous version? Thanks.

Quiptix

This topic is about buffering and stuttering in the LG app. How does this compare with the previous version? Thanks.

You are right. Had reposted this in another thread.

I don have any stuttering or buffering since 1.06

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a problem of stuttering movie, i use Emby LG 1.0.7 and some movies stuttering, have tried wifi and ethernet, no change.

Can you help me ?

You could try disabling cuvid and see if that helps.

You enabled hardware transcoding, so you could try turning that off.

Nic0wyN

Another movie, another stuttering :/ Why?

Have tried to reactivate hardware transcoding, not working.

logs.txt

Edited by Nic0wyN

jaykamtv

I'm having the same problem. Tried multiple bitrates, updating to 1.0.7 and re-installing the app on my TV. Any tips?

jaykamtv

Content will play fine for a while, then it starts playing/pausing constantly. It looks like it’s playing for 1 second and then buffering for 1 second, without ever catching up.

This happens on every bitrate I tried; 10mbps (my usual bitrate) plays solid for a few seconds before the freezing starts, I took it down to 480p 420kbps and it played solid for a few minutes before the freezing started.

Ruling out my internet connection/server as the problem, everything still works fine at 10mbps on my phone and laptop.

jaykamtv

I’ll give that a try and report back. I’m currently plugged in via Ethernet so not sure if it will help.

jaykamtv

Tried restarting the TV, doing a factory reset, re-installing the app, switching between ethernet and wifi and still no luck. Speed test on the tv is showing normal speeds and other apps like Netflix are working perfectly... What's next?

jaykamtv

Tried some content with a maximum bitrate of 4mbps - works fine. Other content with a higher native bitrate doesn’t work, even when set to 4mbps

Ok then it sounds to me like something under 4mbps is going to be the highest value you'll want to utilize.

• 1 month later...

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.