Emby won't play audio when screen is locked

RedBaron164

troyhough

When playing something in background mode and I turn the phone off, it works great, audio only of course. However when I turn the phone back on, the picture is black. If I expand it to full screen, stays black. The only way I have figured out to fix it is to stop playback and restart it. Phone is a Pixel 2 XL.

@@troyhough

uglymagoo

There has not been a new beta release in the mean time and the original post was removed, so I suppose they found a last minute show stopper. Please wait for a 3.0.22+ release.

• Like 1

troyhough

When playing something in background mode and I turn the phone off, audio keeps playing, works great. However when I turn the phone back on, the video (picture) is black. If I expand it to full screen, the video/image stays black. The only way I have figured out how to fix it is to stop playback and restart it. Phone is a Pixel 2 XL. Also tested on Pixel 1 XL.

Edited by troyhough

troyhough

When playing something in background mode and I turn the phone off, audio keeps playing, works great. However when I turn the phone back on, the video (picture) is black. If I expand it to full screen, the video/image stays black. The only way I have figured out how to fix it is to stop playback and restart it. Phone is a Pixel 2 XL. Also tested on Pixel 1 XL.

Luke, did you mean to move this in this thread. My issue is video, not audio.

Thanks

Hi Guys, Hi Luke... I know this is being worked on, just another Me Too.

S8 running Android 8.0. I use my android exclusively for listening to music in the shop. (hmm, one thing Plex did better?)

• Like 1

troyhough

Hi Guys, Hi Luke... I know this is being worked on, just another Me Too.

S8 running Android 8.0. I use my android exclusively for listening to music in the shop. (hmm, one thing Plex did better?)

You use Emby to play back your music library and it stops playing when screen goes black?

Edited by troyhough

You use Emby to play back your music library and it stops playing when screen goes black?

Yup... That's the one. Also Sometimes(?) stops when it is just not front-center  ie: I'm doing something else with my phone.

We should have an update for this in the next few days. Thanks guys.

Thanks Luke!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
troyhough

I apologize for the delay on this. A beta build is currently going up to resolve this. Thanks everyone.

**********Still not fixed in 3.0.24 Beta**********

When playing something in background mode and I turn the phone off, it works great, audio only of course. However when I turn the phone back on, the picture is black. If I expand it to full screen, stays black. The only way I have figured out to fix it is to stop playback and restart it. Phone is a Pixel 2 XL.

That is unrelated to this topic. In my testing i have not seen that, but I'll do some testing and see if I can reproduce. Thanks.

troyhough

That is unrelated to this topic. In my testing i have not seen that, but I'll do some testing and see if I can reproduce. Thanks.

Unrelated to this topic but you merged my "fix it" post in here?

• 2 weeks later...
uglymagoo

I apologize for the delay on this. A beta build is currently going up to resolve this. Thanks everyone.

I just tried 3.0.28. The issue appears to be fixed. Perfect. Thank you so much :)

• Like 1

troyhough

Audio works while screen is locked, however when you turn the phone screen back on, the video is black. This issue still exists and always has since I started using Emby.

Edited by troyhough

Audio works while screen is locked, however when you turn the phone screen back on, the video is black. This particular still exists and always has since I started using Emby.

We're looking into it, thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
peekaboo72

Hmmm, My phone or tablet will only play two songs from the server and then stops.

I have a nokia 8.1 with android 9 and a samsung tablet with android 8.1

Emby server is on a synology nas.

Emby version 4.0.2.0-1

I have given Emby no restrictions on my phone.

Where do i go wrong is there a work around for this or a setting in the server software?