emby for google home

andstein85

mastrmind11

The dev posted about it in this community a couple of weeks ago.  Haven't seen him since.  I don't like the idea of funneling through a 3rd party to play stuff, but that's just me.  I'll see if I can find the post, I think it was under Plugins.

I have communicated with the author to get him to rename it and remove our logo.

Enter your credentials at someone else's site at your own risk.

They will probably download your movies and later make money with that. Why to use another app if emby is all what you need.

Enviado do meu SM-G955F através de Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
tdeblock

I'm the developper of this app.

I have developped this app waiting for official emby app.

I don't want make money with this app. And I will remove the app when official will be available.

All saved data are encrypted and only ip/mail/and password are registred. When I have developped this app, I didn't know emby connect, so I haven't use it.

• Like 1

cw-kid

I have communicated with the author to get him to rename it and remove our logo.

Enter your credentials at someone else's site at your own risk.

That didn't happen then. As I just stumbled on it in the Google Home apps Explore area and came here looking for more details about it.

It still has the Emby logo and is still called "emby server".

tdeblock

Yes I know, I have update the logo and name, but there are an error when I submit my app for validation.

I have send a mail to Google to solve the issue.

cw-kid

@@tdeblock

Seems your ahead of the curve with Emby / Google Home integration!

How is your project coming along?

And if its really good would the Emby dev team consider bringing in that code for official support?

tdeblock

Curently, this project can only start a movie on a selected device.

I have several features in mind, but it's paused for the moment. I'm in contact with the emby team to maybe work together.

• 1 month later...
Dizzy49

Love the idea, particularly since we all got Google Home devices for Christmas :D

Do you have to say "Hey Google, play <movie name> on Bedroom TV"?  We have multiple Emby devices in the house.  A PS4, 2 Fire Sticks, and a HTPC.

1ntroduc3

Love the idea, particularly since we all got Google Home devices for Christmas :D

Do you have to say "Hey Google, play <movie name> on Bedroom TV"?  We have multiple Emby devices in the house.  A PS4, 2 Fire Sticks, and a HTPC.

Yes please! Again, if there's any way we can help. TELL!

• 5 years later...