Some problems in new LG app

muppets4

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

• 1 year later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.41 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

MikeyMan

Nice timing. Just found out the lg app only offers a fraction of the bitrate that the Chromecast app is providing. :)

2 minutes ago, MikeyMan said:

Nice timing. Just found out the lg app only offers a fraction of the bitrate that the Chromecast app is providing. :)

The app offers the same bitrate options as our other apps.

MikeyMan
7 hours ago, Luke said:

The app offers the same bitrate options as our other apps.

Options... Yes... In theory...

In practice it often times only offers a percentage of the max bitrate on the Chromecast.

cptlores
36 minutes ago, MikeyMan said:

Options... Yes... In theory...

In practice it often times only offers a percentage of the max bitrate on the Chromecast.

I have the opposite experience. The LG emby app will play some very high bitate 4K HDR files that even the Nvidia Shield 2019 struggles with (after the cursed Android 11 update).

But I guess this will vary depending on the TV model (a9 gen 5 processor on mine) and if you are using WiFi or a direct Ethernet cable connection.

and.. if you use the Emby auto bitrate function then all bets are off. It has never been reliable. Not even close.

Edited by cptlores