Some problems in new LG app

muppets4

muppets4

Emby for LG 1.0.18 has been released. Stay tuned to our blog for the announcement. Thanks.

Thanks Luke. I am stil waiting for the last two announcements for the LG app......

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
unisoft

Can you also please fix LOGO.PNG displaying at too small a size yet Apple TV app and Roku App display them correctly and a proper size? Another "bug" that has gone under the radar.

Any chance of a fast track release of EPG display fix + logo fix + possible bigger text on screen labels on homescreen and menus?

The last release was like 4 months ago - hoping you could do a small (agile) release to address these?

Also do not understand why UPCOMING gets an icon on horizontal theme on homescreen when COLLECTIONS or GENRES would be better? You have to click SHOWS picture icon just to get to genres - everone in house monas about numbe of remote movements and clicks (though a bit better since sticky menu option introduced).

Thanks Luke....

Hi Luke

• EPG Still not fixed several LG versions later (inc. 1.0.20). Bottom rows muddled up with picture/thumbnail of the programme.
  • Logo.png still resized wrong (yet Roku Emby gets it correct). Emby Theatre also incorrect. Logo looks small for most programmes or movies (fanart.tv)
  • And in Vertical theme, each of the libraries (rectangle of library image) is a bit smaller than what it should be (compared to other clients like Apple TV, Android app).
  • The AUTO function for Direct Play still broken. Transcodes UNLESS I set the bit rate as 1080p30mbps - then it direct plays as expected. This is when using over HTTPS over cable 115mbps client connection back to a 350/38 connection. It's like your auto detect routine determines by ping response and make a decision off that. Set LG Emby App and Apple TV to manual override at 1080p 30mbps and its fine with no transcode and interlaced content shown as interlaced rather than transcode to progressive.

Any chance of actually addressing bugs/annoyances rather than adding features please?

Edited by unisoft

teddybear75

Hi Luke

• EPG Still not fixed several LG versions later (inc. 1.0.20). Bottom rows muddled up with picture/thumbnail of the programme.
  • Logo.png still resized wrong (yet Roku Emby gets it correct). Emby Theatre also incorrect. Logo looks small for most programmes or movies (fanart.tv)
  • And in Vertical theme, each of the libraries (rectangle of library image) is a bit smaller than what it should be (compared to other clients like Apple TV, Android app).
  • The AUTO function for Direct Play still broken. Transcodes UNLESS I set the bit rate as 1080p30mbps - then it direct plays as expected. This is when using over HTTPS over cable 115mbps client connection back to a 350/38 connection. It's like your auto detect routine determines by ping response and make a decision off that. Set LG Emby App and Apple TV to manual override at 1080p 30mbps and its fine with no transcode and interlaced content shown as interlaced rather than transcode to progressive.

Any chance of actually addressing bugs/annoyances rather than adding features please?

I am also having some trouble getting direct play to work.

Its usually fine, but some times it just does not want to use direct play.

Latest version of LG app, model LG B6 OLED, latest emby windows server 4.3.0.30 (Not beta)

Edit: Look 2 posts down for solution.

Edited by teddybear75

Its usually fine, but some times it just does not want to use direct play.

Hi, why do you feel this is a problem? Did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it wasn't direct playing? Or the server dashboard during playback has this information as well.

teddybear75

I think its because the file was HDR10+ and my tv does not supports this. So nothing wrong with Emby app, i just need a new tv :)

Edited by teddybear75

unisoft

Hi, why do you feel this is a problem? Did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it wasn't direct playing? Or the server dashboard during playback has this information as well.

Because for me, the content direct plays on the LAN, no trouble. 

When by HTTPS to remote clients, it gets it all wrong and tries to transcode UNLESS I manually set the Internet rate. Then its fine and direct played. So your algorithm for detecting bandwidth is faulty or something along those lines. Were talking a 38mbps upstream to 115mbps downstream client WITH proper QOS on Asus RT-AC86U router. The content is like 5mbps (SD) or 11mbps (HD). Nobody else is using the bandwidth at the time and cables are CAT7.

It probably measures the ping response, doesn't like it (cable DOCSIS 3.0) and then assumes the bandwidth isn't there? Just a guess though. Have this on Apple TV and LG App when configured to HTTPS remote server address. Apple TV slightly complicates things as it cannot display interlaced content properly anyway but it should pass native progressive movies without a transcode though (again unless you have certain soundtracks or subtitles, I get that!).

I'm sure about 3-4 versions of the LG app ago, or maybe its related to three/four Synology NAS server versions ago (I update soon after release for client and server) when I had same setup just lower upstream at 22mbps at the time and the remote LG App direct played with AUTO set instead of a fixed mbps rate.

Edited by unisoft

• 2 months later...
unisoft

Because for me, the content direct plays on the LAN, no trouble. 

When by HTTPS to remote clients, it gets it all wrong and tries to transcode UNLESS I manually set the Internet rate. Then its fine and direct played. So your algorithm for detecting bandwidth is faulty or something along those lines. Were talking a 38mbps upstream to 115mbps downstream client WITH proper QOS on Asus RT-AC86U router. The content is like 5mbps (SD) or 11mbps (HD). Nobody else is using the bandwidth at the time and cables are CAT7.

It probably measures the ping response, doesn't like it (cable DOCSIS 3.0) and then assumes the bandwidth isn't there? Just a guess though. Have this on Apple TV and LG App when configured to HTTPS remote server address. Apple TV slightly complicates things as it cannot display interlaced content properly anyway but it should pass native progressive movies without a transcode though (again unless you have certain soundtracks or subtitles, I get that!).

I'm sure about 3-4 versions of the LG app ago, or maybe its related to three/four Synology NAS server versions ago (I update soon after release for client and server) when I had same setup just lower upstream at 22mbps at the time and the remote LG App direct played with AUTO set instead of a fixed mbps rate.

Checked. Also not fixed in 1.0.24. Still have to do manual override.

• 1 year later...

Emby para LG TV 1.0.31 instalado en mi 49SD8100PLA,  y solo puedo decir que estoy arrepentido y no la instalare en mi 43UM7450PLA, el motivo es que no da opción a colocar por carpetas la musica que tengo, antes era perfecto, pero ahora no sale la pestaña para activarlo asi, en el menu de inicio se puede marcar la opcion de carpetas, pero luego en la pantalla donde esta la musica siempre se queda en sugerencias y no hay posibilidad de cambiarlo porque no existe esa opción en la pantalla de musica y ocupa su lugar las pestaña de OBTENER EMBY PREMIERE,  si algo me gustaba de emby era que podia colocar la musica por carpetas en las que estaban las mis discografias preferidas con mucha vistosidad, ahora resulta imposible. si no puedo volver a la version anterior la v1.0.24 tendré  que pensar en un fire stick como solución limite. Adjunto fotografias donde se pude ver que la pestaña de de carpetas ha desaparecido en esta versión y la de obtener emby premiere se sobrepone.

20211216_194412.jpg

20211216_194438.jpg

20211216_194458.jpg

20211216_194515.jpg

20211216_194520.jpg

3 hours ago, boss63 said:

Emby para LG TV 1.0.31 instalado en mi 49SD8100PLA,  y solo puedo decir que estoy arrepentido y no la instalare en mi 43UM7450PLA, el motivo es que no da opción a colocar por carpetas la musica que tengo, antes era perfecto, pero ahora no sale la pestaña para activarlo asi, en el menu de inicio se puede marcar la opcion de carpetas, pero luego en la pantalla donde esta la musica siempre se queda en sugerencias y no hay posibilidad de cambiarlo porque no existe esa opción en la pantalla de musica y ocupa su lugar las pestaña de OBTENER EMBY PREMIERE,  si algo me gustaba de emby era que podia colocar la musica por carpetas en las que estaban las mis discografias preferidas con mucha vistosidad, ahora resulta imposible. si no puedo volver a la version anterior la v1.0.24 tendré  que pensar en un fire stick como solución limite. Adjunto fotografias donde se pude ver que la pestaña de de carpetas ha desaparecido en esta versión y la de obtener emby premiere se sobrepone.

20211216_194412.jpg

20211216_194438.jpg

20211216_194458.jpg

20211216_194515.jpg

20211216_194520.jpg

Hi, yes it's resolved for the next app update. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
muppets4
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.33 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Thanks for the continuing updates. But you never blog about the releases for LG. So it's guessing what has changed.

• Agree 2

qazwsx16
2 hours ago, Maboz said:

After updating to the latest version, the Stop button on my remote doesn't seem to work anymore. Pause works correctly, but not Stop.

Can you give a general breakdown of what has improved or gotten worse?

8 hours ago, Maboz said:

After updating to the latest version, the Stop button on my remote doesn't seem to work anymore. Pause works correctly, but not Stop.

What model do you have?

On 2/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, Luke said:

What model do you have?

Sorry for late reply, it's a WebOS TV TN510S software version 05.00.30

The play button is also not working.

Edited by Maboz

2 hours ago, Maboz said:

Sorry for late reply, it's a WebOS TV TN510S software version 05.00.30

The play button is also not working.

Ok it should be resolved for the next app update. Thanks.