Some problems in new LG app

muppets4

jonathanp

I am now on 1.0.17. WebOS 5.80.35 Model UJ635V

Still have this issue with the synopsis hanging off the bottom and mixing in with the guide

post-486489-0-12163500-1564080426_thumb.jpg

unisoft

I am now on 1.0.17. WebOS 5.80.35 Model UJ635V

Still have this issue with the synopsis hanging off the bottom and mixing in with the guide

Yep, back in March 2019, Luke said they were looking at it and reproduced it.

Still not fixed. Text also still far too small on section headings and menu items for 10 foot interface guidelines. Fine if you stare straight at it on a computer monitor though.

At least the sticky options now work. I go into shows or movies now and my option of genres is shown straight away.

Edited by unisoft

Apologies, I think we just missed that one. We'll take another look at it. Thanks.

unisoft

Apologies, I think we just missed that one. We'll take another look at it. Thanks.

Can you also please fix LOGO.PNG displaying at too small a size yet Apple TV app and Roku App display them correctly and a proper size? Another "bug" that has gone under the radar.

Any chance of a fast track release of EPG display fix + logo fix + possible bigger text on screen labels on homescreen and menus?

The last release was like 4 months ago - hoping you could do a small (agile) release to address these?

Also do not understand why UPCOMING gets an icon on horizontal theme on homescreen when COLLECTIONS or GENRES would be better? You have to click SHOWS picture icon just to get to genres - everone in house monas about numbe of remote movements and clicks (though a bit better since sticky menu option introduced).

Thanks Luke....

sfboender

@@Luke the new app has some issues since the latest release, besides the subtitle issue also tv shows which have been watched do not get the green “done” marker. Even selected the whole season it wont checkmark it.

Any hints at what to do?

@@Luke the new app has some issues since the latest release, besides the subtitle issue also tv shows which have been watched do not get the green “done” marker. Even selected the whole season it wont checkmark it.

Any hints at what to do?

Can you please go over an example? thanks.

Gofran

Hello

I am having an issue since lg updated tv that when watching anime it crash goes back to menu example like boruto or one piece mostly when watching anime with asain language and subs

But others work fine

sfboender

Gofran it has to do with the subtitles, they are aware of the issue (made a post about it too). We just have to wait, noticed horriblesubs has most of the issues so try temporarily bakedfish sub their sub coding is different.

Gofran

Subtitles and horriblesubs is where you can get anime from if found also out when turning of subtitles all works but i prefer substitle

rodie83

@Luke: Don't know if it is mentioned earlier, but if I download a subtitle with the Emby app on my LG TV and I return to the movie info screen, the dropdown with subtitles is not refreshed. So i can only see the downloaded subtitle if I go back to the library and click the movie again. Only then I can find the downloaded subtitle in the dropdown. Is this something fixable?

Edited by rodie83

The download happens in the background so by the time you go back from the dialog it may not have completed yet. That's why that happens.

Gofran

@@Luke are you also looking in to the issue about some anime with subs on them that cause the lg emby ap to crash or restart

I am sorry if this was answered before but could not find it

sfboender

@@Luke have some additional info for you as I tested the emby app on my friends TV as well:

The LG C8 & C9 models are having issues but the B6 model has a workaround it seems.

When playing videos with the ASS in it (this case Horriblesubs Black Clover , Cop Craft and a few more), it will do intitially the same steps (3 sec wait and then stops playing) but after the 3 secs of playing the content on the B6 model it will refresh and start playing fine.

Looks to me like emby is then transcoding, the buffering goes slow but it works and skipping forward and backwards still works fine.

Hope this helps you guys out and we can expect a new version for the C line of LG.

• 2 weeks later...