Some problems in new LG app

muppets4

OK,

I will start from the beginning.

I installed the app, signed in to my Emby Premiere account then carried out entering the pin to connect to the server. so the app then connected and shows all my media for the server owner.

If I click sign out of the app it then prompts me to enter the pin again? I have tried this a few times and go round the same loop, I did the same process on my Android TV & Devices and they all present me the list of users on the server after signing out, this LG one just requests the pin activation each time?

@@mbc0, you signed into Emby Connect, and with Emby Connect you associate one online Emby user to your local user on your server. You already know this right? To switch to a different user, simply sign out and then sign in as that user.

You can learn more about users and Emby Connect on our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Users

Does this answer your question? Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
bardmaster

We've figured it out internally and it's resolved for the next release of the app. thank guys.

Hey @@Luke any luck getting a new release thru the LG sphincter control?

andyblac644

@@bardmaster I would bombard them with emails, I have been last few weeks, they have finally opened a case, and looking into why it taking so long, the more people that do this the better chance we have.

Andy.

bardmaster

@@bardmaster I would bombard them with emails, I have been last few weeks, they have finally opened a case, and looking into why it taking so long, the more people that do this the better chance we have.

Andy.

Happy to pester them - but that link doesn't work?

bardmaster

sorry forgot to say add your country code before ie http://gb.lgappstv.com

Thanks!  Jeez registering is like applying for a credit card!

I am not at the location of the TV right now so cannot supply the MAC address - will be there tonight - but for consistency's sake let me confirm I am using the same inquiry as you all:

-content & app store

-app use errors

-after running the app, an error occurs within the app

When I finally get to the comment section, I will indicate I have been in contact with the developers and they have a fix ready in a version update but LG has yet to release it.

Good?

andyblac644

Thanks!  Jeez registering is like applying for a credit card!

I am not at the location of the TV right now so cannot supply the MAC address - will be there tonight - but for consistency's sake let me confirm I am using the same inquiry as you all:

-content & app store

-app use errors

-after running the app, an error occurs within the app

When I finally get to the comment section, I will indicate I have been in contact with the developers and they have a fix ready in a version update but LG has yet to release it.

Good?

for me was 5a218d4faea5e_ScreenShot20171201at171111

as I'm waiting for the WebOS2 to be put on the store, but your looks ok, just say that the author HAS fixed the app AND HE HAS submitted it for approval, you are asking why it is taking so long for them to approve the update.

Edited by andyblac644

• 3 weeks later...
bardmaster

Got a runaround response the first time - something about needing to update my profile with contact info even though I verified all fields are populated and they were able to respond to me lol - so I just sent another!

bardmaster

Well, here's the response I got.  Hopefully the issue is truly being escalated to somebody who knows what to do!

post-206588-0-47023500-1513818743_thumb.jpg

Edited by bardmaster

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

• 1 month later...

Emby for LG 1.08 has just been released. Please try it out. Thanks !

muppets4

Emby for LG 1.08 has just been released. Please try it out. Thanks !

Great. Is there a changelog?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

muppets4

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.

Exited to learn what is new!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

medolino2009

hallo, great news... already installed it on my LG TV with webos 1.4 ... It is faster than 1.0.8 version, it is usable now... However , when you browse trough library , after you click "down" or "right" or "up" or "left" , it takes now about 3 to 5 sec before it moves to some direction...and when you choose movie, you click "OK" , (after that it schuld go to Movie info page where you can choose subtitles and press "play" or "continue"), it takes some times even 20 sec before displays movie-info page.... after click on "play" than, it takes about 5 to 10 seconds before movie actually start playing...

And there is bug... if you're playing MKV with english subtitle in it (subtitle in container, not apart file in same directory), it shows those subtitles all the time... and if i choose dutch subtitles, it shows them on the top on those english subtitles... no way to turn those subtitles off... This bug was not present in 1.0.8 version..

Thank you very much for supporting our LG TV's ...hope to see another version with even better / faster support of it with subtitle bug fix.

Best regards

Miki

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Emby for LG 1.0.16 has been released. Stay tuned to our blog for the announcement. Thanks.

Hi Luke, thanks for this! I hope it fixes being able to FF & RW currently recording TV! 

can you link me to the blog please? I would like to follow it!

Cheers!  :D