HEVC not direct playing in new LG app

bored_n_2003

When we transcode we could limit resolution to 1080p and that may allow it to be fast enough.

andyblac644

but why is it transcoding when it should DS, and when DS it should copy video shouldn't it?, Xplay works, on ALL my HDR files with DD, DDP, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, it just play the core audio whatever it can and HDR works perfect.

Edited by andyblac644

CBers

it's play fine in XPlay for Plex. so it not down to LG player.

Can you supply a sample and I'll try it here.

I have some HDR direct playing, but not all. Seems to be 4K with DTS is OK, but 4K with TrueHD gets transcoded.

Also, the Stats for Nerds shows the following during 4K playback:

Player Dimensions: 1920 x 1080

Video Resolution: 3840 x 2160

Is the LG player that Emby uses not 4K capable?

andyblac644

have you got Blue Planet II UHD ?, that what i testing with. try copy the file that does not play to a USB stick and play from that, also for TrueHD to play make sure you have Dolby Digital 5.1 as Track2, the LG player will automatically see it and use it. at least for me but i do have an older OLED that does not support TrueHD think yours does decode TrueHD i remember you saying

Edited by andyblac644

CBers

I have Blue Planet 2 in 4K, with DD as the first track (DTS 2nd track) and its playing fine, with the TV recognising it as HDR.

Switch to DTS and it transcodes.

andyblac644

I have Blue Planet 2 in 4K, with DD as the first track (DTS 2nd track) and its playing fine, with the TV recognising it as HDR.

Switch to DTS and it transcodes.

not here in WebOS2, do you have any user setting ie disable transcoding etc? i need those on for other devices.

Edited by andyblac644

CBers

not here in WebOS2, do you have any user setting ie disable transcoding etc? i need those on for other devices.

Might it be OS specific, as my LG C7V is now webOS3.7?

andyblac644

Might it be OS specific, as my LG C7V is now webOS3.7?

maybe i'm still on 2.x 55EF950v

Edited by andyblac644

• 1 month later...

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

andyblac644

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

sorry @@Luke still no joy with 4K in MKV just get on message saying something like sorry no compatible streams found, they seem to play ok if in MP4. If you want logs I can PM you them. this is on my WebOS2 OLED

Edited by andyblac644

• 1 month later...

Emby for LG 1.08 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !

• 5 weeks later...

Emby for LG 1.09 has been released. Stay tuned for the announcement about it on the blog. Thanks everyone.

• 3 years later...