HEVC not direct playing in new LG app

bored_n_2003

paolomarino

Thanks for the tips. I have fixed the problem emby webos app force transcode hevc movies.

I created a new user and i have unchecked all trascoding and conversion checkboxes (3 checkbox unchecked) and i left checked only "Allow media playback" (the first one).

I use this "modified" user to logon on emby webos lg app and I always have direct play. All files works fine, even MKV 4K HDR hevc with dolby atmos.

I use the standard user on all others emby app (like on the phone) to have enabled the transcoding features.

Edited by paolomarino

• 1 month later...
andyblac644

Hi guys, can you please attach the ffmpeg log from an example? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

@@Luke here you go, I shutdown, cleaned the log folder & restarted Emby Server before opening the the Emby LG App, so all these log are from the single session.

I also had no DTS sound either, my tv supports DTS-core.

edit:

maybe this has something to do with it ?, look at the last 2 options ?, also why do it think it is h264 or is that just a profile name ?

http://192.168.2.1:8096/emby/videos/0a1c1f199c1648f793c7a5d1a0ffe6a5/hls1/main/0.ts?DeviceId=8e641eb9dbc7ef86ece600a6059037e3e6504b52&MediaSourceId=0a1c1f199c1648f793c7a5d1a0ffe6a5&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=ac3,eac3,aac,mp3&AudioStreamIndex=2&VideoBitrate=139616000&AudioBitrate=384000&PlaySessionId=591fb8b666284e4ba380289374bf6dfa&api_key=a4ae47e8acfa4f71825c81e097c3725d&CopyTimestamps=false&SubtitleMethod=Encode&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=6&EnableSubtitlesInManifest=false&Tag=9964a7a01752948ccbca20dff97c2d7d&RequireAvc=false&RequireNonAnamorphic=false&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=51&allowVideoStreamCopy=false&allowAudioStreamCopy=false

logs-3.zip

Edited by andyblac644

@@andyblac644, can you please confirm, I believe your tv is webOS2 (not 3).   Have you tried putting this video on a USB device and playing directly on the TV.  This will tell us if it is an app or TV/capability issue.

Apologies if you have supplied this information earlier.

andyblac644

@@andyblac644, can you please confirm, I believe your tv is webOS2 (not 3).   Have you tried putting this video on a USB device and playing directly on the TV.  This will tell us if it is an app or TV/capability issue.

Apologies if you have supplied this information earlier.

yes my tv is a 55EF950V WebOS 2, all the files play perfectly with Xplay via plex, and on a USB stick.

• Like 1

yes my tv is a 55EF950V WebOS 2, all the files play perfectly with Xplay via plex, and on a USB stick.

Thanks

Lyfesaver

Ok, I think we've narrowed this one down, thanks.

Negative, Ghostrider. It does it on my LG 65UH8500. I will send send ffmpg log as soon as I can.

Edited by Lyfesaver

• 3 months later...

In these logs we first tried to direct play, but the LG video player reported an error and so we automatically switched to transcoding. If the LG player is failing on the files that's not something we're going to be able to change.

andyblac644

@@Luke comes up saying no streams found or somethis like i have PM'd you the logs.

Edited by andyblac644

Right because after switching to transcoding, the transcoding on the server wasn't happening fast enough to be playable.

If it should direct play this file then you might want to look into why the LG player is being picky about it.