Subtitles not showing in video playback (Emby LG App)

calexandre

deiniol39

I also have this problem, trying to watch a 4k hdr feed and the the subtitles don't appear for the none speaking parts. Have download the proper srt but still don't work. I have 2 movies I cannot watch because of this.. Work fine on 1080 movies

mattykellyuk

Subtitles not displaying is resolved for the next release of the app, thanks.

Great news thanks Luke. Looking forward to the scrolling improvement you mentioned somewhere too. That would only leave the beeping sound which for me doesn't seem consistent and I would like to turn off completely.

Subtitles not displaying is resolved for the next release of the app, thanks.

Is this solving problems with graphic subs or srt subs?

When I completely disable transcoding for my user a lot of files direct play but without the srt or internal mkv subtitle displaying.

I can post some logs but I guess it might be exactly what you've already fixed for the next update?

• 2 months later...
andyblac644

Yes that they're doing 2018 testing so reviews are slower right now.

how much slower can they go :P, 3 months to approve an app is just stupid.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
emerjunq
Hi. First of all, sorry about my poor english (brazilian guy). I am a new Emby user. I was waiting for this new LG release in order to migrate from Plex to Emby, definitively. I have tested some medias and notice that the subtitles which are inside the mkv container doesn't work. If the subtitle is an external file, a srt, it works. Check this out:

I don't know if I attached the necessary logs, let me know if I can help you with more information.

emerjunq

By the way, I was forgotting, there is another minor issue. When I try to change the audio or subtitle on the main page of the movie/tv show, the app crashes. If I do that with the mouse function by the LG app, there is no problem. The crashes only occurr if I try chance it with the regular remote, with the navigation buttons. Do you understand?

Hi. First of all, sorry about my poor english (brazilian guy). I am a new Emby user. I was waiting for this new LG release in order to migrate from Plex to Emby, definitively. I have tested some medias and notice that the subtitles which are inside the mkv container doesn't work. If the subtitle is an external file, a srt, it works. Check this out:
I don't know if I attached the necessary logs, let me know if I can help you with more information.

We attempt to extract the subtitles on the fly prior to playback. On your system this is taking too long and leading you to thinking that it's not working. What you can do is go to the server transcoding section and uncheck the box about allowing subtitle extraction on the fly. This will result in them being burned in with server transcoding instead, which will work, but may hit your cpu pretty hard. External text subtitles are always the most efficient option.

emerjunq

Yes. I have tested unchecking the subtitle extraction... the cpu wasn't able to transcode the media. That is not a problem, I can easily extract the subtitle from the mkv and keep it as a external srt, which is working now. Thank you for response.

• 2 weeks later...
emerjunq
Hi everyone. I have noticed another issue about subtitles with the webos new release. It isn't big, actually it's annoying. When I am watching a tv show, the subtitle works just fine. At the end of the episode, there's the countdown to the next one, and that is also ok. When the new episode starts the subtitle on the screen is from the last episode, not the one which is playing. Exemple: I was watching the s4e5 episode and, at the end, I let the countdown for the next one finish. When the s4e6 begins, the subtitle is from the s4e5, the last one played before the countdown. If I try to play it from the tv show menu, that is ok. It only happens when it starts automatically from the last one, after the countdown. Does anyone also noticed that? Please, check the server log (direct play, not transcoding):

Do you, guys, know what is happenning? Thank you.

Hi everyone. I have noticed another issue about subtitles with the webos new release. It isn't big, actually it's annoying. When I am watching a tv show, the subtitle works just fine. At the end of the episode, there's the countdown to the next one, and that is also ok. When the new episode starts the subtitle on the screen is from the last episode, not the one which is playing. Exemple: I was watching the s4e5 episode and, at the end, I let the countdown for the next one finish. When the s4e6 begins, the subtitle is from the s4e5, the last one played before the countdown. If I try to play it from the tv show menu, that is ok. It only happens when it starts automatically from the last one, after the countdown. Does anyone also noticed that? Please, check the server log (direct play, not transcoding):

Do you, guys, know what is happenning? Thank you.

Hi, this is resolved for the next release of the app, thanks.