Shuffle button on Artist page plays whole library

WhyNotPurple

WhyNotPurple

I have just started using Emby for my music collection and am busy exploring how everything works. Perhaps this is how it is supposed to work, but I'm guessing it is not.

When I navigate to an artist in the web app (or through http://tv.emby.media) and click on the 'shuffle' button, it starts playing random songs from my whole library, not (just) from the artist page that I was looking at.

I'm using Emby Server 3.2.34.0 on Synology DSM 6.1.3.
I can reproduce the issue with both Firefox 56.0 (64-bit) and Chrome 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit).

Edited by WhyNotPurple

Hi and welcome.

Did you select "shuffle" or "Instant Mix"...?

It sounds like the latter which will play a random selection of similar songs from your library.

WhyNotPurple

Hi and welcome.

Did you select "shuffle" or "Instant Mix"...?

It sounds like the latter which will play a random selection of similar songs from your library.

I selected "Shuffle", no question.

I made a video to show the behaviour of the three buttons, Shuffle, Instant Mix, and Play: https://streamable.com/n2rsu

Happy2Play

I get the same results.  Navigate to a Artist select instant mix or shuffle and get music from all Artists not just the selected Artist. 

Selecting play actually does a shuffle or instant mix of all Artists tracks.

I actually can't reproduce this on shuffle. with instant mix i can, but that is by design as it looks for anything related.

Happy2Play

I actually can't reproduce this on shuffle. with instant mix i can, but that is by design as it looks for anything related.

Here is what I get with Shuffle from Artist

59f0dc151e455_artist.jpg

59f0dc2940b7a_shuffle.jpg

You have also customized a hidden config switch so there might be a side effect of that.

Nonetheless I'll keep testing to try and reproduce. Thanks.

Happy2Play

You have also customized a hidden config switch so there might be a side effect of that.

Nonetheless I'll keep testing to try and reproduce. Thanks.

Which switch are you referring to as New default and Old installation do the same thing at least for me.

Happy2Play

Why does Blake Shelton have an AC/DC background?

That what you/I get when you/I click on a Artist, click Shuffle, then view playlist/nowplaying queue and click the back arrow to go back to Artist, everything becomes Random.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 months later...
WhyNotPurple

I just updated to version 3.2.60.0 and the shuffle issue is no longer. Thank you very much for fixing this!