High CPU usage in Emby using DirectPlay

Ronnie N

Ronnie N

Hello guys,

After running Plex for a long time, I decided to switch to an opensource alternative, given all the new anti-privacy measures taken by Plex.

I'm having a problem however: I did a fresh install of Emby  3.2.34.0 in a LXC container running Ubuntu 16.04, the server is not powerful enough to transcode high quality stuff, but this is not necessary.

However, even when I do a DirectPlay, the CPU is utilised at 100% in the FFMPEG process, even though transcoding is disabled for the user requesting the stream, the stream play just fine, but it is strange to see this process running when no transcoding is present. Plex used only a few % of the CPU when Direct Playing or remuxing. Very strange.

This problem looks similar to a problem people had a few weeks ago when using Emby with live recordings.

Is there someone who can help me?

Kind regards,

Ronnie

post-91123-0-76119600-1508874570_thumb.jpg

FFMPEG LOG.txt

Edited by Ronnie N

Ronnie N

Sorry, my bad, though the logs are not very interesting, looked into it myself already, but here they are! Thanks for the reply.

mastrmind11

Sorry, my bad, though the logs are not very interesting, looked into it myself already, but here they are! Thanks for the reply.

Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

It's a remux.  Do tyou have your client set to downmix to stereo?