Debian 9 - Emby 3.2.33.0 - Timezone reading UTC

tophershane

tophershane

Recently reinstalled -- not sure if this was an issue before. My server is set to current local timezone, shown by 'date' on the server. Also ran dpkg -reconfigure tzdata, correct timezone is enabled, restarted emby as well as the server. Everything on my server shows the correct time/date. Emby logs and recent activity in the dashboard are showing in UTC, not the local timezone set on the server.  Any thoughts on what else I can/should check or is this expected behavior?

tophershane

FYI - After updating to Version 3.2.34.0, the time seems to be correct in Emby now, and matches what is set on my server. 

There's nothing we would have done that would have affected that, unless you also happened to switch to our new installation package that is now on the website. That might have some difference.

tophershane

Hmm, interesting. I didn't change the installation method or package. I don't recall making any other changes to Debian.  It's working as I would expect. None-the-less I appreciate it and the work on Emby. Are you going to move away from the OpenSuse repos with the new installation method on Linux or keep both?

We will keep OBS for now during the transitional stage but eventually we will move away. There's been too many outages that prevent people from being able to install.