Play button not working

dcook

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the play button on the Roku remote no longer works in the app. 

You have to select the play icon on the screen and press the ok button to make it play.

The play button on the remote used to work, I am not sure for how long it has been not working.

Roku App version:3.0.50

Roku Firmware: 7.7.0 build 4154-29

Roku Premiere+

Just tested and works fine for me so can you please give specifics of exactly what you are doing?

Thanks.

If you click on an episode and are on the episode details page, and then click the play button the remote it does not do anyting

If you select Play on the screen and click the ok button it starts to play.

If you click on an episode and are on the episode details page, and then click the play button the remote it does not do anyting

Okay, that has never been implemented mostly because I feel it would be ambiguous.  The reason being, there are other items on that screen which, if they have focus at the time, will play when you hit the play button on the remote.

Also, this is the first time I think anyone has ever reported going all the way into details and then hitting "play" instead of just "OK".

It used to work before

I don't understand why the play button would not have default function to play whatever show/movie you are watching?

It used to work before

Not in this app.  Perhaps it did in the old one but that detail screen was very different.

I don't understand why the play button would not have default function to play whatever show/movie you are watching?

It is a possibility I guess but I anticipate people being confused by the differing behavior based on whether or not one of the other playable items on screen has focus.

I guess my issue is the play button on the remote works when your on the thumbnail screen but if for some reason you are on the details screen and you naturally just hit the same play button it does not work.  You then have to find the OK button instead and use that.  Should it not be the same?

I don't see any other playable items on the screen, do you want me to take a photo of the screen later tonight?

Edited by dcook

Should it not be the same?

Please see my previous response:

It is a possibility I guess but I anticipate people being confused by the differing behavior based on whether or not one of the other playable items on screen has focus.

You then have to find the OK button instead and use that.

The only way you got to the detail screen was by hitting that OK button so your thumb is presumably still on it and focus is on the on-screen play button when you get there so that is probably why no one else has encountered this as an issue before.

Yes but sometimes I am on the detail screen and then go do something else and come back later and want to start the show or movie and naturally just press "Play" on the remote since that is obviously what the "Play" button is for. 

If you don't want to fix it and make the play button do what it should be doing then that is fine, your choice.