Additional UI Aspect Ratio Themes Support (16:9, 2.35:1, Anamorphic, etc)

TheWorkz

TheWorkz

Not sure how many people are in the same situation, but I use a 2:35:1 screen in my theater and while my Projector has lens memory so I can easily switch between 16:9 and 2:35. While browsing emby I run in 16:9, then when I start playing the movie, I switch it back to 2:35:1 so it fills the whole screen. I use a Xbox One S, a Windows Media Center and a Nvidia Shield down there depending on the limitation of what I'm watching so I'm kinda generalizing the request to most apps out there instead of a specific platform. Wondering if its difficult to have an option or theme setup so you can run Emby's UI in 2:35:1. I've attached kinda a sample of what I'm talking about where the data in green is lost due to overscanning on a 2:35 screen.

On a side note, the other challenge is with Subtitles on a 2:35:1 screen being off the screen (below by 10+ inches). So having vertical adjustment configuration for subtitle would also be a plus too if at all possible. :)

Thanks

post-337-0-47199400-1508797124_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheWorkz
  • Like 2

Okay, so you are using the zoom method as opposed to an anamorphic lens.  I have a lens on my setup so don't have this issue.

You and I may be the only ones with CIH 2.35 setups though...

TheWorkz

Interesting, so does yours essentially stretch the image horizontally but not vertically? I remember doing a bunch of research initially on Panamorph but never ended up biting the bullet it on it once the 5040ub came out and it did what I needed. I know its probably not as good, but it works for me. :)

Okay, so you are using the zoom method as opposed to an anamorphic lens.  I have a lens on my setup so don't have this issue.

Baenwort

You and I may be the only ones with CIH 2.35 setups though...

Nope. :)

It would also eventually be useful for Android as there seems to be a progressing diversity of aspect ratios on new phone displays. My most recent phone isn't 16:9.

Interesting, so does yours essentially stretch the image horizontally but not vertically? I remember doing a bunch of research initially on Panamorph but never ended up biting the bullet it on it once the 5040ub came out and it did what I needed. I know its probably not as good, but it works for me. :)

The lens stretches the image horizontally and then you use either the projector capabilities or software (the Emby Android TV app can do it) to apply the vertical stretch.  You can also put the projector into 4:3 mode with the lens in place and you get a proper 16:9 image.

I guess, even with my lens setup, you could potentially still have the subtitle problem (I rarely use subs).

Nope. :)

Ok, so there are three of us ;).

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...