OSX Emby crash when starting

scouty

vangeliis

Really good news !!!

I've created manually the folder ~/.config and everything works fine !!!

I can launch EmbyServer.app directly from Applications's folder.

Fab! Well done! I wonder why upon lunching EmbyServer you couldn't create the .config folder. Perhaps @@Luke can fix this.....

Please try this version:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.2.35.0/embyserver-osx-x64-3.2.35.0.zip

For testing purposes, please delete the .config folder. Thanks.

I've tried with this release. It works fine but the behavior is different :

I removed .config folder from my home path. The emby-server folder doesn't exist.

When launching EmbyServer.app, the emby-server folder is create and no crash occurs. I able to discover my libraries and use Emby normally.

All my libraries are described in the emby-server directory.

So what is the normal situation : .config folder or emby-server folder ?

Thanks,

Edited by scouty

not able to upload the log.webarchive even if I rename the file.

could you send me your email by pm for me to send it to you ?

regards,

So what is the normal situation : .config folder or emby-server folder ?

Thanks,

:)

I've a new type of error but it seems to be related to something else. When discovering my movies, at some point, the discovery process stops and when I try to connect to the web page, safari replies : Too many open files. Do want me to open a new topic ?

regards,

:)

I've a new type of error but it seems to be related to something else. When discovering my movies, at some point, the discovery process stops and when I try to connect to the web page, safari replies : Too many open files. Do want me to open a new topic ?

regards,

Yes please, thanks.

Not sure if this is the same thing but I have to reboot every time I update.

Why do you feel that you need to do that?

I started to reply to this but then I thought it best to do the latest update and then report.

Since the new mono update I shutdown Emby, download the new version (which is labeled "Electron" when it's starting), drop it into Applications but then it will not start without a reboot.

This update will start but still shows it's on the old version. I have to reboot for it to show the new one.

Was on Version 3.2.34.0. 

Shutdown Emby, downloaded update, installed, started Emby, still Version 3.2.34.0. 

Reboot, now Version 3.2.35.0

vangeliis

@@T800

I wonder whether your LunchServices database is corrupted. You could try to manually delete the LaunchServices preference file. Quit all open applications and navigate to ~/Library/Preferences. Locate com.apple.LaunchServices.plist, delete the file, then reboot your Mac.

Vangeliis

@@T800

I wonder whether your LunchServices database is corrupted. You could try to manually delete the LaunchServices preference file. Quit all open applications and navigate to ~/Library/Preferences. Locate com.apple.LaunchServices.plist, delete the file, then reboot your Mac.

Vangeliis

I will give that a try, thanks