Disable rescaling when transcoding or only transcode audio?

Arp

Hi,

I started playing around with emby, and I like it! There is no app yet for my Samsung SUHD TV, but DLNA works fine. Except for one thing. My av receiver is not able to switch automatically from dts to ac3.

I have a mkv file here which is in 4k but with an dts audiostream instead of ac3.

So I thought I can remove dts from the direct play profile. But emby will now transcode everything, not just audio, and it is also rescaling from 4k to full hd.

Is there a way to disable this rescaling or just have it transcode the audio?

Edited by Arp

Happy2Play

Have you looked at the Codecs tab in your DLNA profile.  Not all options are available via the UI but the profile itself has 1920x1080 coditions set in the profile, along with framerates and bitrates.  You may have to manually edit your custom profile.  Any time you edit a server profile it automatically creates a custom profile.

*\Emby-Server\config\dlna\user

What exactly would I need to do? I tried setting it to 3840x2160, I tried setting the isrequiered field to false, I removed it.... anytime ffmpeg is also transcoding video. All I want is to have it startet with -c:v copy :)

Edited by Arp

What you would need to do is make sure the direct play profiles are filled out to indicate what formats are supported. Then once you've done that, if it's still transcoding then you want to look at things like ContainerProfiles and CodecProfiles to see if any restrictions have been applied that might be causing transcoding.

Happy2Play

You could post a transcode log to see why the media is being transcoded.