Can not play video on cellular (T-Mobile LTE)

szerby

I have tried the latest ios app, and mobile chrome browser.   Both find the server, show the videos, etc. But after clicking play I get endless colored circle spinning and can not back out to the main menu.   Works great on my local wifi home connection, but not on cellular.   I have both ports for normal and secure open and forwarded to my server.

The logs show transcoding starting when on wifi - but never appear when on cellular.   I have a server.txt but nothing more.

Any ideas?  

hmm - still a problem.   it connects gets all the art etc. i click play and it goes to a black screen.  The web UI shows the device authenticated and started playing, even the thumbnail shows the time running on the video playing, but nothing and no controls to activate on the iphonex.

server log attached.

I believe tmobile wants the video to be 480p, and connect through ipv6.

I believe tmobile wants the video to be 480p, and connect through ipv6.

What does this mean exactly?

I'm having the exact same issue. iPhone 6s. Plays on home wifi wont play on T-mobile LTE. I get all the art and can even play the trailers but not the main video file.

according to research "since the iOS 11 upgrade iPhone and TMobile went full ipv6" and Emby will no longer work. Will this issue be looked into?

I paid $4.99 for the app, so I'd like to be able to use it.

Nothing will load on my Tmobile iPad Pro 2 using LTE with 11.1. Everything loads fine, but the actual videos won't load. Tried in the app, Safari and Chrome.

Can someone look into this? It's already been posted a few times but no one seems to care.

Edited by mmtrago
  • Like 1

I have the same problem. I can play videos while on WiFi. When I use the LTE network, the videos won't play. Not even with a VPN. The tunes do play.

It won't work in the app or browser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are looking into it, thanks. So we're going to have to limit to 480p 1mbps, and also connect over ipv6 (if supported by your emby server).