Error while Library scan

Hello,

I have since a few days issues with scanning my library.

Prior upgrading to the beta, this happened:

59e8b133c49f3_2sadasdasd.png

After upgrading to the beta, this happens:

59e8b14c61f7e_1sdadas.png

I checked the folders, the data is available, i can read it, move it, but emby is not able to scan it.

EDIT: I should also state, this error happens not immediatly, it happens after maybe 60% Library Scan, its always an random percent number.

I add the logs later, as im at work.

Greetings

cyberplay

Edited by cyberplay

dcrdev

Hello,

I have since a few days issues with scanning my library.

Prior upgrading to the beta, this happened:

59e8b133c49f3_2sadasdasd.png

After upgrading to the beta, this happens:

59e8b14c61f7e_1sdadas.png

I checked the folders, the data is available, i can read it, move it, but emby is not able to scan it.

I add the logs later, as im at work.

Greetings

cyberplay

You say "you" can read/move the data, but that doesn't necessarily mean Emby can. Have you checked that the files have sufficient permissions to be readable either by the Emby user/group or by everyone.

Failing that, yeah provide some logs as "object reference not set to an object" is an exception thrown by .net that could be almost anything i.e. needs more info.

The files have all the correct permissions, as i tested with the same user which is running emby too.

And this issue is till now, as i did a restarted with the new beta version "resolved", but this is not the first time it "works" and after 80% everything fails and crashes

Link to the Logfile entries

https://pastebin.com/aRjtnhXy

Edited by cyberplay

I notice you have the mono 5.0 runtime installed. 4.8.1 is our highest supported version. Are you able to roll back to that? That is my first suggestion. Thanks.

I notice you have the mono 5.0 runtime installed. 4.8.1 is our highest supported version. Are you able to roll back to that? That is my first suggestion. Thanks.

I had to fork my own docker image and even create a new mono image, but i have it running now, problem is, whole library is gone _again_.

So ill wait now till it loads a bit and send you the logs, but it will be the same i think

Edited by cyberplay

I have a new error for you, dont know if i should make a new thread, but everytime i try to play something on the browser (ONLY in the browser, if i try this on emby theater windows it works flawlessly), i get "System.ArgumentException: User does not have video remuxing permission."

But the permissions are exactly the ones that are needed?? What is wrong?

The files are mounted on user 1000 and group 1000, the same user/group which runs emby under, and it says it cant remux?

Edited by cyberplay

I have a new error for you, dont know if i should make a new thread, but everytime i try to play something on the browser (ONLY in the browser, if i try this on emby theater windows it works flawlessly), i get "System.ArgumentException: User does not have video remuxing permission."

But the permissions are exactly the ones that are needed?? What is wrong?

The files are mounted on user 1000 and group 1000, the same user/group which runs emby under, and it says it cant remux?

You're getting exactly what you asked for. You took away transcoding permission from the Emby user, now that Emby user can't play. Have a nice day.