Poor quality on Apple TV playback after recent update

eigenator

nkhanh68@gmail.com

Yes, I got it. Playback for the recordings are looking good. Live TV seems to be stuck  when I tried tune to the channel, i.e. ESPN HD, CNN HD etc... It's never open and the app's eventually came back with "An error occurred loading this content".

I have restarted Emby server and also Emby App

Thank you.

I had the same issue with all my media. I signed out of Emby connect and restarted the app and connected to my server manually. Now all my media is direct playing whereas before everything was being transcoded at a 1.5 mbit setting regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with all my media. I signed out of Emby connect and restarted the app and connected to my server manually. Now all my media is direct playing whereas before everything was being transcoded at a 1.5 mbit setting regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This particular issue is resolved for the next update to the app, thanks.

Awesome, I was just about to post about the quality...trying to catch up to latest. I’ll try again on ATV 4th gen. Any feedback yet on ATV 4K...still no playback yet.

Awesome, I was just about to post about the quality...trying to catch up to latest. I’ll try again on ATV 4th gen. Any feedback yet on ATV 4K...still no playback yet.

Have you reported an issue about this? thanks.

Have you reported an issue about this? thanks.

Yes, on this forum thread...see “tvOS Beta 11.2”. Very new to your forums and EMBY. So very glad to have an alternative to Plex. So far, I’m very impressed with your progress...at least on OSX...last tested 2015/2016 and had multiple problems, no longer.

Thank you for the quick response. Hope to adopt EMBY as my Media Manager, great so far.

Edited by DNM

simonhancock

It's been released already.

1.1.06?

I’m having the problem where the same file is transcoding to 1.9mbps on Apple TV 4 (1.1.06, emby connect, guest user) where as the file direct streams to emby iOS 1.4.4.

I have 100mbps upload and the guest has 100mbps download so that shouldn’t be limiting it.

Edited by simonhancock

I would suggest having your guest check their app settings and see what their bitrate setting is configured to. If it's on Auto, try telling your guest to configure it to a value that you think can be handled. For example, have them try 5 mbps, and if things play well try 10, etc.

• Like 1

simonhancock

I would suggest having your guest check their app settings and see what their bitrate setting is configured to. If it's on Auto, try telling your guest to configure it to a value that you think can be handled. For example, have them try 5 mbps, and if things play well try 10, etc.

Thanks Luke, I’ll give it a go!

simonhancock

Increasing the bitrate even up to 40mbps on the appletv has no effect, the file is still being transcoded to 3.8mbps with this particular video (same as on auto). The same file is playing direct play fine to my iPhone over 4g. Other guests are all playing fine without transcoding (windows/kodi). It certainly seems to be a problem with the appletv app.

Increasing the bitrate even up to 40mbps on the appletv has no effect, the file is still being transcoded to 3.8mbps with this particular video (same as on auto). The same file is playing direct play fine to my iPhone over 4g. Other guests are all playing fine without transcoding (windows/kodi). It certainly seems to be a problem with the appletv app.

Can we please see the media info from the web app for this particular item?

Thanks.

• Like 1

simonhancock

Can we please see the media info from the web app for this particular item?

Thanks.

Languageeng

CodecAAC

ProfileLC

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

TitleEng AAC stereo Default

Video

CodecH264