Actor Browsing Responsiveness

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Is it possible to prefretch all the people info / metadata?

Im prefetching images, but when i browse via person it take a few seconds for each new person... i suspect to download bio.

given the server is generally on 24/7 it would be great if all the info could be prefetched to make the ui as responsive as possible.

thanks

Jdiesel

Also it could be the image processor working to generate resized images for that app. Once it is done it should be quick in the future. I would agree though that actors images are one of the least likely/last to get accessed so you tend to notice it when you finally do access them.

Edited by Jdiesel

mastrmind11

And they're cached on the fly, which means you have to look at them before they get cached and then benefit from the cache.   Programatically it makes sense, but the inverse would be people bitching about the memory footprint of Emby.

The providers of this information also reached out to us in the past about hammering them with requests for people bios. So that is part of it, along with the usual complaints about the scheduled task taking forever.

ginjaninja

suggestion: bios could be stored in an xml. (i think they used to be) .so library rebuilds would not have to hit the providor...the library auto refresh period for bios could be more relaxed to 6-12 months for existing bios as well.the default bio behaviour could be kept as current so only users who bothered to go looking would turn on so as to reduce load on providor.

hopefully the memory footprint would not have to increase. read from existing local xml would be enough to provide a responsive ui?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

suggestion: bios could be stored in an xml. (i think they used to be) .so library rebuilds would not have to hit the providor...the library auto refresh period for bios could be more relaxed to 6-12 months for existing bios as well.the default bio behaviour could be kept as current so only users who bothered to go looking would turn on so as to reduce load on providor.

hopefully the memory footprint would not have to increase. read from existing local xml would be enough to provide a responsive ui?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This information is saved once it is brought down.  What we can't do is go get all this information for tens of thousands of actors at once since this puts an undue load on the free providers we use for data that may never be viewed.

ginjaninja

maybe if the bio download could be 'asynchronous' from the ui browsing function, so it was only necessary to wait for bio if the bio is what you wanted...more typically use to is to find the movies the user is a member of...and move around between movies not waiting to wait a few seconds between each. that might be a better to meet the concerns of the providers whilst maintaining a responsive ui.