Guide no longer loading on Windows

Spyrus
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

I don't know what logs you want for me to include but I have 2 separate Windows boxes at the moment handling my HTPC.  I have the emby server which seems to be running fine with ServerWMC connecting to a separate Windows 7 box that has Windows Media Center on it. 

This WMC box has the plugin and was working up until a most recent update it would seem.  The box pulls all normal guide data and is still recording without issue.  When I try to access that information through the ServerWMC plugin on my emby server it no longer pulls the guide data.  I can tune to the channels and can play the recordings without issues.  I'm just not sure why the guide is no longer visible.

Thanks for the help and please let me know which logs would be helpful.

krustyreturns

The emby log and the swmc log (for swmc you can get the log from the debug tab).  Post the logs after you attempt a guide download.  Also, which version of the swmc plugin are you running?

• Solution
krustyreturns

I think you are having trouble because the folder your rec tv files are in is not visible to emby.  Since emby is running on a different machine, your rec tv folder needs to be a share that the emby machine can access.  See this part of the serverwmc log:

2017/10/17 08:46:15.184 HandleFolders ------------------------------------
2017/10/17 08:46:15.197 Local WMC 'RecTV' folder: 'D:\Recorded TV',   ShareStatus: Error: Folder is not shared with Everyone or the Windows HomeGroup
2017/10/17 08:46:15.198 Format: NTFS
2017/10/17 08:46:15.198 Stored Network 'Recorded tv' path: 
2017/10/17 08:46:15.198 >  Samba: smb://XENON/Recorded TV
2017/10/17 08:46:15.341 >    UNC: \\XENON\Recorded TV,   ShareStatus: --> see RecTV ShareStatus error

I am not sure why this would effect guide downloading in emby but based on a problem another user reported it seems to be.
  • Like 1

That makes absolutely no sense to me since the objects in Recorded TV were accessible from the emby server but making this change DID resolve the issue.  I just shared read only with everyone and restarted the ServerWMC app and instantly had guide access.

Thanks for the help!