Add online media to library

darkassassin07

The Open source community is very hard to sue and a lot open source projects are created by people outside the U.S. and the YT TOS does not apply. 

Okay, well, "its okay if they cannot catch me" isn't really our philosophy as a company :).  This has not changed from our inception (open source or not).

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
dcol

I just want YouTube movie trailers to work on FireTV. Tried the Ytrailer dll and that doesn't work.

Asked for a feature request and the post was pulled. What is the big issue here? Trailers are viewable on other devices.

I am using MCM to get the trailers into the media folders now, but that program has plenty of issues and is not free to use

What is the big issue here? 

The issue is that the terms of use of YouTube specifically state that you cannot directly stream their content into your own player.  You must use their player.  This is so they can track you, show you adds and suggested content, etc.

Asked for a feature request and the post was pulled. 

Hi.  Your request was not "pulled".  It was marked as a duplicate with a link to the duplicate request.

Thanks.

dcol

Ok, thanks for the info, but how come I get the trailers in AndroidTV and the Web browser. Is this an Amazon issue?

By the way, got the plugin and testing it now.

Ok, thanks for the info, but how come I get the trailers in AndroidTV and the Web browser. Is this an Amazon issue?

Yes.  There has been an ongoing on and off feud between Amazon and Google (who owns YouTube).  For a long time there was no YouTube app on the Fire platform.  They have added it now but something about it is different from standard Google as it will not launch from our app.

• 9 months later...
denywinarto

My topic was closed so i have to post here. i think i should've been more specific @ebr i didn't ask for a way to display online content,

i'm asking if there is a way to create a library from my own content and filter it using tags such as Genre, year, ratings,

or maybe trakt / RT list if possible, because i want to display famous / box office movies but i havent figured out how. 

Perhaps you could reopen it so that we can stay on topic?

Edited by denywinarto

3 minutes ago, denywinarto said:

My topic was closed so i have to post here. i think i should've been more specific @ebr i didn't ask for a way to display online content,

i'm asking if there is a way to create a library from my own content and filter it using tags such as Genre, year, ratings,

or maybe trakt / RT list if possible, because i want to display famous / box office movies but i havent figured out how. 

Perhaps you could reopen it so that we can stay on topic?

Hi.  You asked for a list based on an RSS feed so I linked to the specific post in here about the Podcasts plug-in which does support RSS sources.

denywinarto
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You asked for a list based on an RSS feed so I linked to the specific post in here about the Podcasts plug-in which does support RSS sources.

Online media =/= online rss,  but okay i' decided to try it.

Assuming i can get a working RSS, like this how would i link it during a new library creation?

https://www.fandango.com/rss/top10boxoffice.rss

I dont see it on library creation page after entering that on rss plugin. I have active emby subcription

Or to put it simply, i want to make a library that shows box office movies based on RSS, is that possible? 

Edited by denywinarto

denywinarto
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes podcast feeds support folders and videos inside, and the podcast plugin can display that.

Okay i see now how it works,

just 2 things.

Anyway to rename the podcast name on client? i dont see this option

Also most of the feed i want is in .json not rss, anyway to make it work for this plugin?

Edited by denywinarto

You'd have to convert it to rss. You might be able to rename with the metadata editor but if you have control over the source feed then you might as well do it there.

denywinarto
14 hours ago, Luke said:

You'd have to convert it to rss. You might be able to rename with the metadata editor but if you have control over the source feed then you might as well do it there.

No control unfortunately, i wil try to look for rss variant,

also, there's no way to rename it to other than "internet channels" ?

denywinarto
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Strm files.

Care to elaborate? I thought strm files are only used for internal collection?

How would i link it on that website?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, denywinarto said:

Care to elaborate? I thought strm files are only used for internal collection?

How would i link it on that website?

The complete url to the file online would have to exist in the strm file.

Example of New on archive.org 

https://archive.org/download/MSNBCW_20210201_210000_Deadline_White_House/MSNBCW_20210201_210000_Deadline_White_House.mp4

gillmacca01

Just throwing this out there, but going back to youtube, how about having a browser built into Emby? You could then click on a shortcut for youtube (or any online content), and it would load the browser inside EMBY. You could also make clickable links for IMDB to launch in the browser as well.

The only issue I can see, is how to navigate a webpage using a remote

Edited by gillmacca01

horstepipe

just spotting this thread again, I'm wondering... has anybody some ideas/mechanics how to put e.g. the WHOLE Netflix library from Kodi (with Netflix addon) into strm files, so we can put these into the emby server? Next step would be how to auto update those, removing deleted ones, adding new ones...

Some of you already put some effort into this?

denywinarto
On 2/1/2021 at 12:30 AM, Luke said:

You might be able to rename with the metadata editor

Okay, i seem to be able to do this.. but 2 issues..

1. It doesnt show any posters..

2. How would i link it to my collection in case the media exists?

22 minutes ago, denywinarto said:

Okay, i seem to be able to do this.. but 2 issues..

1. It doesnt show any posters..

2. How would i link it to my collection in case the media exists?

the answers to those two questions are the same as they would be as if they were regular video files. So organize and name your strm files by doing the same things you already do with video files and that should help get you what you want.

denywinarto
5 hours ago, Luke said:

the answers to those two questions are the same as they would be as if they were regular video files. So organize and name your strm files by doing the same things you already do with video files and that should help get you what you want.

I'm not using any strm files at all luke, 

I'm using fandango's top 10 RSS