Oddity: New recording reported as 1 minute; only played 1 minute, but was full length

Marc_G

Maybe this should have been in ET subforum, but I'll put it here.

Big Bang Theory recorded fine tonight, a total of 36 minutes.

However, nearly 90 minutes after it finished recording, I pulled up Emby Theater to watch it, and ET reported it was only a minute long. ?!?  I hit Play, and it played 1 minute (I skipped around, didn't actually watch it for 1 minute, but the progress bar made it clear it was only playing 1 minute worth).

In a panic, I went to the recording directory and saw the file was full length based on file size. I played it just fine in MPC-HC.

Later, after we had watched it, I restarted Emby Theater. It now reported as a full-length 36 minute file.

Why was it only listed as 1 minute long, and the bigger question is, even if the reported length was "out of date" since it was probably discovered by the ongoing scans while still recording (and might have just been one minute long at the time), why when playing through ET would only 1 minute worth show, rather than the "by-then-full size" recording?

I'm attaching the ET log for the time frame; would have been shortly before 10 pm tonight. I didn't see anything relevant. I can attach the Emby Server log if needed, but I can't get to it right now.

Any thoughts on this? It's not the end of the world, more of a curiosity.

theater-63643079390.txt