system requirement for handle 30 user

Ryan Farhan

Ryan Farhan

im have project from my school, i need to create multimedia streaming server then i choose emby, and install nginx with RTMP module in the server for live streaming.in my case i use emby server for live streaming and video content streaming. can you help me, what kind server spesification for handle 30 user at the same time?

For your information my emby server and encoder PC is different PC (dedicated encoder pc)

sorry for bad english.

@@pir8radio

pir8radio

im have project from my school, i need to create multimedia streaming server then i choose emby, and install nginx with RTMP module in the server for live streaming.in my case i use emby server for live streaming and video content streaming. can you help me, what kind server spesification for handle 30 user at the same time?

For your information my emby server and encoder PC is different PC (dedicated encoder pc)

sorry for bad english.

@@pir8radio

So you setup an nginx RTMP server, and within emby you have it setup to stream that live feed from nginx through emby to your users? Using a playlist or something with the ip of your nginx RTMP server?  Assuming i understand you correctly.  Does emby have to transcode this RTMP stream?

Edited by pir8radio

Ryan Farhan

yeah like you say, but i'am not sure emby have to transcode this RTMP server, but i know the encoding PC use codec x264 and the nginx RTMP use codec FFmpeg for decoding

pir8radio

yeah like you say, but i'am not sure emby have to transcode this RTMP server, but i know the encoding PC use codec x264 and the nginx RTMP use codec FFmpeg for decoding

If emby doesn't have to transcode the RTMP stream then you should have no issues getting 30 people on a decent server.   Emby just becomes a gui for your stream.    If emby has to transcode the stream, that is a different story.   

• Like 1

Ryan Farhan
does iptv use trancoding when will be streaming?

for your information I use IPTV to stream RTMP and my emby server and nginx RTMP  is in one server

does iptv use trancoding when will be streaming?

for your information I use IPTV to stream RTMP and my emby server and nginx RTMP  is in one server

The answer is always "it depends". It depends on the format of the source and the capabilities of the app playing it. Generally speaking though because it is unknown content is might be more likely to transcode.

Guest asrequested

assuming my bandwidth is enough for 720p, what kind of pc specification i need?

It's not just bandwidth. It's also player/codec/container compatibility. What player do you intend to use?

Ryan Farhan

i just use emby for live stream with IPTV plugin on my browser, so i dont know what player i use. for codec on PC encoding use x264 and nginx rtmp use FFmpeg and container i use mp4.

Ryan Farhan

"I have  that CPU in my HTPC. Transcoding 5 streams at once, no problem. It can do more. Just make sure you turn on hardware acceleration in the server for QuickSync, and make sure that all the drivers are current. Oh, but that motherboard isn't a good choice. You need the Z270 chipset to unlock all the features of that CPU. I have this motherboard."

@ i found your post in other topics, what is the meaning of transcoding 5 streams at once? whether it has 5 channels or run by 5 clients simultaneously

Happy2Play

Every browser has different capabilities so you would need to list what browser also.

You can test your browsers at html5test.com to see your browser capabilities also.

• Like 1

Ryan Farhan

Every browser has different capabilities so you would need to list what browser also.

You can test your browsers at html5test.com to see your browser capabilities also.

i use google chrome and after i check, i think what i need is there

anyone can help me?

please

Why not try Emby Server on your hardware and see if it is enough?

• Like 2