Emby not scanning library on arm

neik

Hello guys,

I've been trying to set up emby on a ARM server using Ubuntu 17.04.

Got everything installed and then pointed emby to the library - which is mounted via rclone -, but the problem is that emby does not scan the files and I don't know why.

If I copy one of those files to a local folder on the server (e.g. /tmp) and point to it then the library scan for that local file/folder works perfectly.

Already tried the following things:

1. Deleted library.db, library.db-wal from the emby folder to force emby creating a new library

2. Uncommented allow-other on fuse.conf

3. Tried to read/understand the emby-logs but didn't find any hint about what's going on

=> Nothing really helped!

You find attached the latest logfile of emby.

In case you need anything more, just let me know.

Thank you in advance for your support!

PS: Fun fact, usingn a x86-server I don't have any problems with the library scans on emby, it just works perfectly.

Edited by neik

mastrmind11

Hello guys,

I've been trying to set up emby on a ARM server using Ubuntu 17.04.

Got everything installed and then pointed emby to the library - which is mounted via rclone -, but the problem is that emby does not scan the files and I don't know why.

If I copy one of those files to a local folder on the server (e.g. /tmp) and point to it then the library scan for that local file/folder works perfectly.

Already tried the following things:

1. Deleted library.db, library.db-wal from the emby folder to force emby creating a new library

2. Uncommented allow-other on fuse.conf

3. Tried to read/understand the emby-logs but didn't find any hint about what's going on

=> Nothing really helped!

You find attached the latest logfile of emby.

In case you need anything more, just let me know.

Thank you in advance for your support!

PS: Fun fact, usingn a x86-server I don't have any problems with the library scans on emby, it just works perfectly.

why can't you mount it via smb or nfs?  Both of those mount points work perfectly.

Should have mentioned that...

​I use rclone because I need it to mount the Amazon Cloud Drive, afaik that's not possible with smb/nfs.

Could that really be the reason? In a x86-server it works flawlessly.

mastrmind11

Ah, I see.  Likely the file system implementation differs btwn the ARM and x86 boxes.  Emby tries its best to support multiple file systems, but there are just some that will not work.  I'm guessing this is one of them.  Perhaps try finding a different Fuse implementation for ARM?

I mount my Gdrive to /media/cry and my ACD to /media/cry_acd using rclone.

My library menu in Emby looks like this -> attached

post-245525-0-60520800-1508090415_thumb.png

I hadn't deep dived into the Linux world so to be honest I'm not quite sure what to answer.

Afaik a symlink is something similar to a shortcut in Windows, so I guess the answer is no.

They are mounted directly to /media/cry, etc. and Emby should scan that exact folder.

I suppose you mean the permissions for the folder, right?
Tried to fix that by running following: chmod -R 777 /media/cry but still the same problem.
Even restartet Emby afterwards.

€dit: Do you have anything else in mind?

Edited by neik

mastrmind11

As an aside, Amazon isn't stupid.  It's not unlikely they switched it up to break this kind of shit due to the fact people are hording their media collections on their unlimited plan.  If you mount your media locally, are there issues on ARM or otherwise?  

No, there are no issue at all. I can even copy/move the files to a local folder.

I don't Amazon has changed anything, yet.

Interestingly, Plex does scan exactly the same mount without any issues.

Edited by neik

I tested this setup on a ARM64 system and there the library scan worked perfectly fine.
​I have no clue why this setup doesn't work with on a ARM32 system. 

Interesting, thanks for the info. I don't have the answer right now. I think we will probably just wait and re-evaluate once we've switched over fully from mono to .net core. Thanks.

I am also in touch with the dev of rclone to try to solve this issue but tbh I don't think it's a rclone problem because it is working without issues in combination with Plex.

Anyways, I will report back whether we found a solution or not. :-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...