Not Loading Movie Posters

tarheelman1984

tarheelman1984

when i updated my emby its not loading the posters for my media but loading it through the server but not showing on my roku any suggestions

nagle3092

when i updated my emby its not loading the posters for my media but loading it through the server but not showing on my roku any suggestions

I have the exact same issue, almost half of the posters just wont load. Tried on the stable and beta same results. Even going into different sorting options they still dont load. Yet if I get on my phone or the web browser they work fine.

Exactly what did you update?  The app, the server?  To what version?

What, exactly, does "won't load" mean?  What do you see?

Can you show us a picture?

Thanks.

nagle3092

Exactly what did you update? The app, the server? To what version?

What, exactly, does "won't load" mean? What do you see?

Can you show us a picture?

Thanks.

The roku apps, I have both the stable and betas installed and its the same issue on both, down to the exact same movies not showing. As well as the same movies missing across different rokus, meanwhile they load fine for every other client. Edited by nagle3092

nagle3092

do you have any other kinds of libraries besides movies? are they showing posters?

Tv shows, only 2 out of 29 show the cover art, 5 have a generic tv icon and the rest are blank.

Music, all have something either the artist image or a generic icon. Same with game soundtracks library.

Regarding the tv library, all icons show correctly in non roku clients for all 29 shows.

Edited by nagle3092

Happy2Play

What Roku version do you have?  Could this be a issue in firmware 8.0?  Are they wired or wireless?

nagle3092

What Roku version do you have? Could this be a issue in firmware 8.0? Are they wired or wireless?

2016 Roku ultra on 8.0, roku 4 on 7.7.0, 2 roku 3's on 7.7.0, all wired. All having the same issues.

Jdiesel

What Roku version do you have? Could this be a issue in firmware 8.0? Are they wired or wireless?

Good call, I can confirm this happening for me on 8.0 as well.

Let me know if I can help test

Edited by Jdiesel

Happy2Play

2016 Roku ultra on 8.0, roku 4 on 7.7.0, 2 roku 3's on 7.7.0, all wired. All having the same issues.

My Roku Ultra is on 7.7.0 4154 and I don't see this behavior.  And haven't heard from family member that has Roku 3 on 7.7.0 4135 having this issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

My Roku Ultra is on 7.7.0 4154 and I don't see this behavior.  And have heard from family member that has Roku 3 on 7.7.0 4135 having this issue.

So  you do have a family member seeing it? have you tried removing cover art?

nagle3092

Sorry should say "haven't".

I can confirm its happening on 3 devices in my house on 7.7.0.

If needed I can record a video showing the device, firmware, and whats happening.

Edited by nagle3092

In your video it looks like it loads posters just fine until you scroll down to the second virtual page.  Then it looks like your server (or something) is simply bogging down trying to deliver all the artwork.

Your server log was not attached above. That may give us a clue as to what is going on here.

nagle3092

In your video it looks like it loads posters just fine until you scroll down to the second virtual page.  Then it looks like your server (or something) is simply bogging down trying to deliver all the artwork.

Your server log was not attached above. That may give us a clue as to what is going on here.

I had removed it, it was downloaded 4 times and I figured everyone who needed it got it. Ive attached it again.

It never loads though after reaching that second page, I can leave it sit there for 10 minutes and posters will not fill in, same with the tv shows. I have 29 different shows and only 2 show a poster on roku clients while every other client loads them immediately. For instance right now I opened the app on my android phone and they all loaded immediately regardless of which library I open.

server-63643536000.txt

Jdiesel

I haven't noticed this happening in the last 2 days since I enabled cloudflare caching. I'll try disabling it and see if posters fail to load again.

Happy2Play

It would appear the log is not for the video as the Roku time shows 9:34 PM and the log ends a 16:54.  Does the Roku and Server have different times?

nagle3092

Can you tell me when (at what time) in that log you performed the actions shown in the video?

They are not related, the log was from when Luke asked for and after you asked for the pictures I had posted. I will reload the clients and pull a new log now.

Here is a new log, I went to my ultra, 4 and 3 in that order loaded emby, went to movies and scrolled to the last movie I have on each device. It is only happening between Brave and Mystery Men, movies before Brave and after Mystery Men load fine for the most part (only a few didnt load correctly after mystery men).

server-63643622400.txt

Edited by nagle3092

They are not related, the log was from when Luke asked for and after you asked for the pictures I had posted. I will reload the clients and pull a new log now.

Here is a new log, I went to my ultra, 4 and 3 in that order loaded emby, went to movies and scrolled to the last movie I have on each device. It is only happening between Brave and Mystery Men, movies before Brave and after Mystery Men load fine for the most part (only a few didnt load correctly after mystery men).

Can you give me a time frame when this occurred?  There is a lot of activity in your log and it is difficult to narrow down to what we should be looking for.  Thanks.

nagle3092

Can you give me a time frame when this occurred? There is a lot of activity in your log and it is difficult to narrow down to what we should be looking for. Thanks.

Between the time I posted and edited the post with the log, so a 15 minute window I ran 3 devices completely through the movies section.

Edited by nagle3092

You have path full errors in your log. Did you run out of HDD space at any time? There is also an error in sharp web socket that the header of your image file is missing. This makes it looks like you have a 0kb image, or possibly several of them.

@[member="Echo"] off
set out=found.txt
(for /r . %%F in (*.*) do (if %%~zF LSS 1 echo %%F))> %out%
pause

Save the code above as zeros.bat and put it in the library folders which have issues, then click it and let it run. Afterwards, check the found.txt file it creates for the 0kb files. Delete these files.

If all of them appear to need deleting and manually this is a chore, change the line below:

(for /r . %%F in (*.*) do (if %%~zF LSS 1 echo %%F))> %out%

To look like this below, and re-run the bat file:

for /r . %%F in (*.*) do (if %%~zF LSS 1 del %%F)

Note: The roku uses a different size for images than other clients. The server will create a custom sized image for displaying on the roku in the /cache folder. This way the roku doesn't have to downscale images, that can be several MB in size that take significant time to download. Instead the server sends the roku a custom sized image from the /cache once it exists. This optimizes the bandwidth and pictures load quickly. If you ran out of HDD space on your server, but not the drives which store your media files, you need to run the BAT file on your emby /cache folder. Find the 0kb files inside and delete them. This will make the server recreate the cache images as you use the roku client and hopefully you have enough freespace to accomodate them this time. ^_^

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1