Live TV questions

cajacontrol

cajacontrol

Hi friends, I am 6 mounths testing the ways to share and see live tv with emby in my home with my family

I purchase 2 TBS dbv t2  tv video tv card pci,  to use with : Nexpvr, Media Portal, tvheadend, dvlink and Dvbviewer and one homerun silicon dust connect

* In all my tests I  saw emby transcode every .ts channel  because .ts file dont play directly in emby, so I test Nvidia trasncode (gforce 1050), microsoft Intel quick sync, VA Api. all the ways possible to find the best performance.

The results is:  the most fast way to play is VA API trasncode, word great if just one user play any channel but,

if  second user try to use different channel ( if hardware tv has more than 1 tuner) , the cpu and network begin to hurts.

I discovery that every channel come to emby in a 20mbps per channel , its a rate to hight to emby begin to transcode to 720 to 4mbps . ffmepg go up 50% cpu usage ( intel core i3 and 64 ram memory)

When a 3 people try to see  the same channel or another channel - emby go crazy and freeze all the first 2 people viewers and all go fatal.

Finaly I dont use emby to see Live tv service, I  installed  one tv decoder in every house TV and all family more happy,  In this way all is more cheap and my network dont hurts.

Conclusion: dont waste your  time try to see and share TV with emby or Plex because is more expensive and need more work and waste time and money

If emby would can play a .ts file directly like IPTV sofware do it  or play a udp or rtp file , in the future , maybe that will be a great solution to share and see live TV.

I test in web browser, android, chromecast and ipad, all done fatal with tv service

post-173336-0-98901800-1507992402_thumb.png

post-173336-0-99191000-1507992408_thumb.png

Edited by cajacontrol

Emby does play .ts files directly, FYI.

However your above examples is in a web browser, and there is currently no web browser that supports .ts files

Does this answer your question?

Chromecast does not support .ts files either.

For the Android and iOS store apps, we do not direct play the IPTV urls because it puts us at risk of violating app store policies if your content is not legal content. So yes those have to run through emby server.

Does that answer your question?

cajacontrol

In conclutions, is a waste time and money try to provide a good tv service in home with emby, unless just use always one user.. more than 2 or 3 users tv viewers at the same time is fatal to tv service

CBers

In conclutions, is a waste time and money try to provide a good tv service in home with emby, unless just use always one user.. more than 2 or 3 users tv viewers at the same time is fatal to tv service

Live TV works fine on the Shield TV.

Have you tried using the "Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format

" option on the Live TV Settings page on the server?

cajacontrol

Live TV works fine on the Shield TV.

Have you tried using the "Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format

" option on the Live TV Settings page on the server?

Yes, like I said,,,, works well if you use just one user , but if you are 4 or 5 users viewers at the same time, CPU go fatal because every channels come in 20mbps , so 20 x 5 = 100mbps to conver to 720x4mpbs = 5 transcode instances,,,, nvidia suport just 2 streams at the same time and the cpu go hurts , network go hurts and the all crash fatal service

CBers

CPU go fatal because every channels come in 20mbps , so 20 x 5 = 100mbps to conver to 720x4mpbs = 5 transcode instances

Where are you getting your feeds from?

They is bluray territory for bitrate.

Again, most OTA and IPTV feeds work just fine direct playing.

Which version of the ATV app are you using on the Shield TV?

maegibbons

Yes - no way should they be coming in at 20mbps.

Also most IPTV  comes in as h264 so usually the max is required is container swap or audio remux both of which are very light weight CPU wise.

I can have up to 4 IPTV + 2 HDHR recordings happening at once no problem if I am NOT record-transcoding.

Krs

Mark