Request for future update

rms8

I am using Emby Windows Media center on a Win7 machine.

Sometime in the not too distant past I noticed a trend.  New movies added no longer display the total running time.  This then affects the ability for Throgs themes to display when the movie will end.

I rip all movies in a folder format, not ISO nor MKV.

I read somewhere earlier that Emby does NOT get the run time from the metadata in the movie.xml file.  Could something be added to Emby so if it cannot extract the runtime from the movie itself (from what I gathered in another thread), it will check the movie.xml file and use that as backup?  This would then allow the time to be displayed and end time on Throgs themes to work again.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I would strongly suggest converting to mkv video files. While you can continue to use folder rips you are likely to continue to see various quirks with them. Thanks.

Hi Rob,

I would strongly suggest converting to mkv video files. While you can continue to use folder rips you are likely to continue to see various quirks with them. Thanks.

That would be a viable option if MKV maintained the menu structure, but to my knowledge it does not, correct?

Is there no way that a check of the movie.xml runtime could be incorperated into Emby?

Thanks Luke,

Rob

It can't be read from movie.xml.

So I wonder what causes this?  It appears random.  And it appears to have happened in the last 6 or so months.  Prior to that I never noticed it.

I wonder if the ripping software is doing/not doing something differently???

How does Emby get the runtime info from the movie?  Perhaps I can take that explanation to the ripping SW forum and see if they have a solution.

Rob