Phantom Episodes Since Last Update?

icedragonslair

icedragonslair

Does anyone know why this behavior is happening and how to stop it, it is very annoying

post-286-0-55586000-1393730329_thumb.jpg

post-286-0-13951600-1393730338_thumb.jpg

Nearest I can figure is it is automatically downloading some sort of placeholder for unreleased episodes from tvdb...this is just wrong and should not happen at all when all of the metadata scrappers are turned off, oh wait, they keep re-enabling when any update is installed and then I have to go in and remove them manually...is there a a way to remove the scrapping capability from this server all together? It is more of a hassle then it is worth

Thank you,

Ice

Server Version 3.0.5171.19958

Also is there a way to make my specials (season 0) not be mixed in with the other seasons in the order they were released?

Example:

Season 0

--S00E01 - Misc

when displayed on theater and browser it show s up as Episode 000-0001 in Season 1

Becoming more and more frustrated with the little things, like these and others (turning off all updates only to have the program update anyways and then reset all of my settings). Making me re-think xbmc or the new plex theater as an altrernative

Edited by icedragonslair

icedragonslair

Okay, so as I am manually removing all of the phantom episodes and setting all of the sliders to off, I restart the server and open the Media browser only to find everything back to the way it was and the phantoms back again...this is absolutely ridiculous. Is there any way to back to the previous version that did none of this CRAP!?

icedragonslair

And that is thoroughly understood, but it seems that the previous version was much more to my liking and since I only need software to play files and not something to clean the kitchen, shovel the driveway and get me to work on time...is there anyway to get that version  so I can once again use this software?

Tikuf

Just to make sure you have got both items unchecked in the user profile?

5312cf29bc75e_Capture.jpg

in the dash go to 

users /user profile /preferences and check

if you have a system.old you can copy the files from there into system but due to the fact that there are new features (and the database is different)  you will also in all likely hood have to blow away all the db files and start from scratch.

Since all the metadata scrapers have been revamped little quirks are sure to have crept in.

Yogi

I am seeing this too and it is currently being investigated as to what is happening,so hang tight to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Also I have eveything unchecked

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

icedragonslair

Okay, for now I will be starting new as I uninstalled and went back to plex home theater (actually pretty nice) for the time being

Vidman

Just to rule out the obvious.... you are clicking the save button after disabling metadata settings right

Yogi

Just to rule out the obvious.... you are clicking the save button after disabling metadata settings right

Yes everything is saved as unchecked.It is actually happening on anything new that is added into a season,This has never happened before as everything has been unchecked simce the show missing episodes feature was introduced,so it has only started since the last server release.

Edited by Yogi

I've just updated to Version 3.0.5171.19958 (official release updates only) and, after a very lengthy scan of my media library, I too now have phantom episodes (and even whole phantom seasons!). I have following unticked:5312cf29bc75e_Capture.jpg

In fact, I use Media Center Master to fetch all my metadata and have the options for Media Browser to fetch metadata all disabled - so I really don't get why this has happened. I love Media Browser, but this latest update has completely destroyed my media collection, adding phantom episodes and even ignoring whole seasons worth of episodes and replacing them with phantom 'Episode 1' etc.

Really would like a fix for this please guys :)

Edited by AlexS

try grabbing the latest dev build and let me know if it makes a difference. we're working on resolving it.

Thanks Luke. Switched to dev build and grabbed latest update - leaving it to complete a rescan of media library whilst at work and will get back to you later today.

Nope, that didn't fix it :(

Still got the phantom episodes and seasons, some seasons still ignore metadata for actual episodes and show a phantom "episode 1" etc. instead + the phantom episodes I had deleted have simply reappeared.

Edit: I tell a lie! Dashboard told me to restart cos of Trailers plugin update, it then reloaded cache etc, did a full rescan and now phantom episodes and seasons have disappeared! :)

Only issue now - the few TV Shows where it added "Episode 1" etc to some season now show the actual episodes, but with the wrong name

e.g. "Two & A Half Men - S01E01 - Pilot"  instead of "1. Pilot"

Will try to clear out the metadata in those few problem seasons, re-download it and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for your help and work on this.

Edit 2: Yep, re-fetching all the metadata for those few shows seems to have fixed the problem :) 

Edited by AlexS

Yogi

try grabbing the latest dev build and let me know if it makes a difference. we're working on resolving it.

Yes I can confirm this is now fixed with the latest dev build and everything is back to normal.If you still see missing episodes delete them from the metadata area in the server and they do not reappear.

Edited by Yogi