Autoplay on Roku?

olegeiser

olegeiser

Hello.Newbie here. I have autoplay selected in Embry servers settings but on my Roku 3 using the Embry Roku app it will not play the next video in the folder. How do I get the autoplay to work like the internal Roku media player? Many thanks....

paulsalter

Hi,

The auto play is a separate setting in the Roku App

If you scroll to the bottom of the home page in the Emby Roku App and select settings

Then select again on settings

One of the options there is a toggle for Auto Play next episode

Hope that helps

olegeiser

Many thanks! Yes I see, but I am not playing tv episodes in seasons, just random video files that I want to autoplay and if possible shuffle as well. I was hoping just to use the Roku media player with Embry to get this capability but the Embry server does not show up. Both Plex,Playon,and windows shares work with the app though. Again thanks for your help...

olegeiser

Update! I can now happily say after a server reboot the Embry server is now showing up on the Roku media player and the shuffle/repeat/autoplay is working fine. I am hoping the Embry server transcode function still works with this setup.

olegeiser

Yes I have it but unable to get autoplay/shuffle/repeat to show as options. Question: If I point EMBY server to a folder of video files and assign them as a TV series will the autoplay then be available?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
oneduality

Glad I found this, I would not at all have expected this to be a separate setting, also a suggestion.. why put the settings all the way at the bottom? it would be cool to have a menu you could access on the left side like a lot of the other apps.. I didn't even realize it was down there.. 

Also, why is it a separate setting in Roku?

Glad I found this, I would not at all have expected this to be a separate setting, also a suggestion.. why put the settings all the way at the bottom? it would be cool to have a menu you could access on the left side like a lot of the other apps.. I didn't even realize it was down there.. 

Also, why is it a separate setting in Roku?

You can press * on your Roku remote from the homescreen of Emby. It will bring up settings without navigate all the way to the bottom. It is a short cut.

It is separate in the Roku because it existed within the Roku before the server was offering this. It kept this as the server evolved. We may need to reevaluate this and follow the server setting for this if one is offered. Thanks for bringing that up.

Yes I have it but unable to get autoplay/shuffle/repeat to show as options. Question: If I point EMBY server to a folder of video files and assign them as a TV series will the autoplay then be available?

Can you explain how you are unable? The option to enable auto queue of TV episodes is within the settings of the Emby Roku app. The shuffle play is offered on a TV series detail screen. The repeat all functionality is within the OSD of the video player. While it plays press DOWN on your roku remote. Look for the 3-sliders and click it. Inside this is Repeat and you can toggle it at will once you have a playlist, queue, or anything else playing over and over endlessly. There is a missing "play all" and "shuffle all" on the poster grid screen. We have this on our issue/feature tracker as something to add in the future. 

The answer to your question is yes. We always offer autoplay/nextup for TV series. If you use Next Up combined with repeat enabled you will get your wish. We do not offer the ability to shuffle nextup.. yet.

Edited by speechles

oneduality

Thanks for the information, very useful information.

Not as important but it would be nice if it could treat movies in a similar way, maybe it does with collections, I haven't tested it.. but if there's a trilogy or something it would be nice to have auto play.. but I don't really care as much about that personally.. usually if I'm having a movie night with people then they usually take a break between anyway =)

Hi. The "Play next episode automatically" setting is saved separately in all of the apps.  The thinking is, you may want this on your living room TV but not your phone...