Collections...stop removing movies from my library!

LloydGM
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I started to use Collections, then had to delete them because I found adding a movie to a collection removed it from my library! (If there's some way to prevent the removals, then make it obvious because I sure can't find it.)

E.g. Add Chism to a Westerns collection, then I can't see Chism when browsing my movie library any more.

At the very least, give us an easy-to-use Setting that disables removals.

Another example: I want to add Fellowship of the Ring to a Middle Earth collection and also to a Fantasy collection. How can I do the 2nd if it removes it from the library?

In short, I want Libraries and Collections, not either-or.

hi @@LloydGM, it does not remove movies from your library. In order to help us improve, can you tell me why you think this happens? Thanks !

Deathsquirrel

In addition to what @@Luke said, movies can belong to multiple collections.  I can have Deadpool in a Marvel collection, X-Men collection, and any other collection I like all at the same time.  Just add the film to one collection after another.

• Like 1

Luke, you hit it right on! I finally found that setting and it's checked. However, I never even knew about that setting, so have no idea how it got checked, so it had to be some default at some point. Whatever, it's working as intended now. Many thanks!